Spring Clamps Reduce Rear Vibration

My truck doesn't let you select 4wd without prompting you to go into neutral on the screen. Yes, I meant to post here because of my shake at ~40-50mph. Put it in 4lo to crawl out of a mudhole in the driveway. Thanks for the info!

Yeah 4hi would be sufficient honestly for future use, most people will never need 4low in their life honestly

Sorry, id understood that 4lo is for crawling and slow action, hi is for hiway use. Maybe I read wrong...

From the owners manual:

(Four-Wheel Drive Low):

This setting also engages the front axle and delivers extra torque. Choose if driving off-road in deep sand, deep mud, or deep snow, and while climbing or descending steep hills. When engaged, keep vehicle speed below 72 km/h (45 mph).

note the "and". Even in these situations you probably won't need it.

Edit: Use Auto for Highway, 4Hi for off-road / extreme conditions, 4Lo when you need more torque in 4Hi conditions (rarely if ever).

Your issue is probably a little separate but would be nice to see your vibration now in a video; If its a similar vibration we can probably narrow the shake to the front end like I've suspected for a while now.

Edited by ic3man5

• 2 weeks later...

I had my driveshaft trued and no more shaking!

RT

Before you had your driveshaft balanced and trued, did you ever put your truck in neutral to see if the vibrations/shakes quit? On my previous truck, 2000 Silverado z71, the driveshaft was so out of balance and u joints were so worn, whenever I put it in neutral going down the road, the vibrations immediately stopped.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Where do you feel the shakes most, seat, steering wheel, or console? I have a 17 that shakes occasionally too.

Sorry if you've already mentioned it elsewhere.

Np, I feel it in the seat cushion and seatback. My wife felt it too so I know its bad.