Spring Clamps Reduce Rear Vibration

have any one with a truck that vibrate noticed that when in P or N the whole truck vibrate ?

my truck was vibrating between 72 mph and above also there's a clunk in rear right suspension ,

the u-bolts were loose a little bit i tq them to 80lbs which i think made it worse or did they gone loose again ?

can any one help me with this our dealer here is worst one in the whole world i guess .

have any one with a truck that vibrate noticed that when in P or N the whole truck vibrate ?

my truck was vibrating between 72 mph and above also there's a clunk in rear right suspension ,

the u-bolts were loose a little bit i tq them to 80lbs which i think made it worse or did they gone loose again ?

can any one help me with this our dealer here is worst one in the whole world i guess .

I'll take on your claim about worst dealer. Mine just ignored my complaints about vehicle shaking. The techs kept writing that the vehicle was operating to manufacturer's specs. Then the dealer replaced my wheels under the corrosion warranty. Lo and behold, shake almost completely gone! Just a quiver now and then and only on specific areas of freeways. SMH, I can't stand when the dealer doesn't believe me.

• 4 weeks later...

Haven't been around for a bit but I got a chance to ride in a V6 Silverado pretty much similar setup to mine and noticed the ride is better than mine by a lot. I'm suspecting the front coil springs being too stiff on the V8 is causing vibration throughout the entire vehicle and can be seen the worse in the center console.

I have a slight vibration around 70-80 but its highly dependent on the road (even some newly paved roads will do it). Once I get some time I'm going to try looking into the part number difference with the front coil springs.

I tried the spring clamps today. It actually made the vibration much worse. Mine has come and gone during the same short <10 mile trip. We have a freshly paved section of road near my house. I might feel the shake on the way to town but not on the way home, etc. It's wierd....

I may have had the clamps too far forward. When tight the overload leaf pad was touching the second leaf.

Question: Does anyone with high dollar aftermarket wheels have the same vibes? Is a new ring and pinion really the answer?

Edited by Bikemobile

I tried the spring clamps today. It actually made the vibration much worse. Mine has come and gone during the same short <10 mile trip. We have a freshly paved section of road near my house. I might feel the shake on the way to town but not on the way home, etc. It's wierd....

I may have had the clamps too far forward. When tight the overload leaf pad was touchingvthe second leaf.

Question: Does anyone with high dollar aftermarket wheels have the same vibes? Is a new ring and pinion really the answer?

Is this on a 17 Sierra you're having this issue

Yes 2017 Crewcab, 5.5 bed 4x4 5.3 8 speed. I have factory 20 in slt premium wheels and new duratrac 275/55-20's. I also have a Leer 100xl topper.

1600 miles

Edited by Bikemobile

Yes 2017 Crewcab, 5.5 bed 4x4 5.3 8 speed. I have factory 20 in slt premium wheels and new duratrac 275/55-20's. I also have a Leer 100xl topper.

1600 miles

Sucks seeing this is still a problem been wanting to trade up to a crew cab was wanting to on a 16 but seen several people having the issues doesn't seem much has changed on 17 either

• Like 1

It's odd. Sometimes this truck is butter smooth. The transmission is perfect, seamless. No vibrations no noises.

Then sometimes it hard bumps into first while stopping, shakes, wind noise from the mirrors or the window, IDK.

Looks great though. Can't complain there.

Edited by Bikemobile

It's odd. Sometimes this truck is butter smooth. The transmission is perfect, seamless. No vibrations no noises.

Then sometimes it hard bumps into first while stopping, shakes, wind noise from the mirrors or the window, IDK.

Looks great though. Can't complain there.

Did it act the same way with the stock tires as well

Did it act the same way with the stock tires as well

It was worse with the stock tires. Plus they slipped sideways in light rain so I knew that a proper winter would be a nightmare with them.

Edited by Bikemobile

First post here. Been lurking for a week or B, you guys kick ass. 2k15 Silverado 1500 LT with Rough Country 6" Lift, Skid Plate and Fender Flares, NFab nerf bars, 35" Nittos on 20" Grid rims All done by a third party for the dealership. Bought it with ~16500 miles on it, has 19500 on it now.

First issue was about a month ago, came up to a mudpatch in the driveway, okay no biggie. Lock in 4lo and crawl, right? Nope. 4wd didn't engage until after I had to get yanked out, as evidenced by the front wheels not turning... okay... check off-road menu, 4wd is not engaged, wtf? Finally get out of hole, go forward now with 2wd, still, "POP", and whole truck lurches forward. Towed to dealership for front end crack and pop, damn CV shaft broke... unbelievable. Okay, repaired under warranty... give me back truck with crooked steering wheel. Ugh, alignment? 59$ because it is not part of GM's procedure....

Now, maybe a week ago, I finally taken some tools out, which I have carried since I bought it, maybe 250lb... and the truck drives like pure dogdoo, hoppy at 40-50mph... makes my water bottle look like the speaker is hitting it, and makes me nauseous. Tires all at 30psi... appointment Friday to drop it off. No way 45k truck should get me seasick at town speeds...

First post here. Been lurking for a week or B, you guys kick ass. 2k15 Silverado 1500 LT with Rough Country 6" Lift, Skid Plate and Fender Flares, NFab nerf bars, 35" Nittos on 20" Grid rims All done by a third party for the dealership. Bought it with ~16500 miles on it, has 19500 on it now.

First issue was about a month ago, came up to a mudpatch in the driveway, okay no biggie. Lock in 4lo and crawl, right? Nope. 4wd didn't engage until after I had to get yanked out, as evidenced by the front wheels not turning... okay... check off-road menu, 4wd is not engaged, wtf? Finally get out of hole, go forward now with 2wd, still, "POP", and whole truck lurches forward. Towed to dealership for front end crack and pop, damn CV shaft broke... unbelievable. Okay, repaired under warranty... give me back truck with crooked steering wheel. Ugh, alignment? 59$ because it is not part of GM's procedure....

Now, maybe a week ago, I finally taken some tools out, which I have carried since I bought it, maybe 250lb... and the truck drives like pure dogdoo, hoppy at 40-50mph... makes my water bottle look like the speaker is hitting it, and makes me nauseous. Tires all at 30psi... appointment Friday to drop it off. No way 45k truck should get me seasick at town speeds...

Obligatory Show-off Post

Did you mean to post in this topic? And not sure why you put it in 4low, that's only for high torque situations. And if 4low is ever needed you have to be in neutral in order to engage it or else it won't let it engage