GM Parts Direct - be careful

brwk

My GM Parts Direct experience unfortunately was bad.

Ordered my parts toward the end of Jan 2016 and after a few weeks I called but no answer however the recording said to use the website email and they would get back to me shortly. I sent an email via their site on 2/4/16 asking for status then again on 2/15/16 (after I attempted a call) and then on 2/16/16 I included the last 2 emails requesting status and also said to cancel the order due to no status nor any email replies. Then of course on 2/19/16 they said my order is ready for shipping. The same day I called again and again got the voice mail and I left a VM stating to not ship and give me a call the following Monday. Also if they do ship and do charge my cc I would stop payment. Then I got a shipping notification on Monday and a charge on my card.

I simply don't understand how these companies stay in business. Just wanted to warn everyone who reads this and good luck on your internet purchases.

• 4 years later...

damnit I'm going thru the same problems with them right now. I ordered from them in the past and had a fairly normal transaction so i ordered again. Looks like its time to get nasty. Any half decent places to actually order from??? All I want is a heated steering wheel and a clockspring...

I to dont understand how the hell companies continue to be in business when they cant even respond to a damn email.

Anyone order from needGMparts or GMpartsstore?  Both i sent an email asking if they had the 2 part numbers available and both responded right away saying they do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waffle34 said:

damnit I'm going thru the same problems with them right now. I ordered from them in the past and had a fairly normal transaction so i ordered again. Looks like its time to get nasty. Any half decent places to actually order from??? All I want is a heated steering wheel and a clockspring...

I to dont understand how the hell companies continue to be in business when they cant even respond to a damn email.

Anyone order from needGMparts or GMpartsstore?  Both i sent an email asking if they had the 2 part numbers available and both responded right away saying they do.

They were always great.  Left messages checking stock with no answer.  Thought it was due to China Virus.  Put an order in and then it was cancelled, the part wasn't really in the system anymore.  Same story at some other places, all using GM inventory.