Headlight goof - someone save me please

Geez second post and I'm screwing up already. I recently bought a 2014 GMC Sierra All Terrain from a dealer, I noted a little fog in the passenger headlight and talked with him about it, he gave me his word they'd replace it. I was flagged down this week and told my running light was out on the passenger side and I noticed my bright on the passenger side wasn't function as well. Fast forward to this week when I was supposed to go in and he said he talked with the service manager and now he'd only be able to give it to me "for cost" $1,000 ! I told him no and to go pound it. Looked for 2014 Sierra headlights on CL and found some went and bought them today.

Got home broke Black Betty down and I'll be a son of a, his headlight has five pins mine has seven. Hooked it up and no running lights. Contacted the guy I bought it off of he said his was a z71.

My question is .....is there a harness that will put me back fully functional with the lights I bought or do I need to sell these and just go aftermarket?

Thanks for the help, this is above my normal expertise.

Little confused. You bought a 2014. If it's under 3 years and under 36000 miles (US) 3 years 60000 kms (Canada) your headlight is under full factory warranty.

GO TO ANOTHER DEALER!

Little confused. You bought a 2014. If it's under 3 years and under 36000 miles (US) 3 years 60000 kms (Canada) your headlight is under full factory warranty.

GO TO ANOTHER DEALER!

Bought used with 58K miles

Here in Canada, if you buy a vehicle with a safety issue like your situation with headlight and daytime running light failure, they are required to repair it because agsain it is a safety issue and by law dealers can not sell if it does not completely pass.

Most dealers warranty used vehicles for a period of time.

This particular dealer said I didn't purchase the $4,500 warranty so I'm S.O.L. Does anyone know of an adapter that would convert the z71 headlight connector to run with my Sierras configuration?

here is the headlight I bought, as you'll see in the third picture it has five of the eight pins in the connection. My stock all terrain headlight has 7 of the eight. Mine are back on the truck this morning or I'd take a pic but you can see the type of connection here, (picture 8)

http://www.carid.com/2014-gmc-sierra-headlights/spyder-projector-headlights-81592068.html

Okay lets get a few things straight.

The new headlight you bought is an SLE headlight.. obviously won't work with your truck. I don't think there is a harness for that. I know of one for SLE to SLT but not the other way around.

Secondly the only thing that should flash when you hit unlock is your turn signal bulb and your low beam headlight should come on if it's dark out. To me it sounds like you've got moisture inside the connector at the headlight.

The LED's on your current headlights should only come on as follows: During daytime driving while in Reverse, Drive, or Neutral the bottom row of LED's should be on at full power. When the parking lights are turned on you should have a top and bottom row of LED's at half power.

Do you have any forward lights on when you truck is out of park?

Also when you turn on your headlights do any of the upper or lower LED's light up?

Thank you, so while I'm in drive, reverse or neutral my bottom led isn't on is there a way to fix that

FYI, the SLE All Terrain model only have the same headlights with the LED accents as the SLT. They come with the package, as well as chrome molding and power folding mirrors among other things.

The SLE Z71 and SLE 4x4 headlights do not have the LED accents.

Just in case you look for another replacement.

Archived