GM Family First Discount Eligibility

Active GM employees, retirees, surviving spouses and divestitures are eligible to take advantage of the GM Employee Discount or sponsor the following purchasers:

• Spouse
  • Children
  • Stepchildren
  • Grandchildren
  • Stepgrandchildren
  • Grandparents (including in-law and step)
  • Parents
  • Stepparents
  • Siblings (including full, half and step)
  • Mother-/father-in-law
  • Sons-/daughters-in-law
  • Brothers-/sisters-in-law
  • Aunts
  • Uncles
  • Nieces
  • Nephews
  • Same-sex domestic partners (SSDP) of eligible participants also qualify, where applicable. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are treated the same as spouses and, therefore, their eligible family members are also included.) For more information, contact the National Benefits Center at 1.800.489.4646

I don't think there is an "exact percentage". Each model/Trim level has a "Employee Price".

As of October 1, 2013, the GM Employee Discount Program features a bigger base discount than before. It's now one easy number, listed on the vehicle invoice in the right-hand column next to "EMPLOY." The discount allows employees and their eligible family members to purchase eligible vehicles at the Employee Discount Price - a special discounted price that is below the MSRP. Plus, you can combine this discount with most current offersto save even more. When you build a vehicle to your exact specifications you can view MSRP and the Employee Discount Price. Simply follow the prompts.

Having just done one through my B-I-L, I went to the GMFF site configured my vehicle. It showed the MSRP price and then showed the Employee pricing.

Since I special ordered my truck I knew exactly what the price would be. Other then what incentives were going to be during the month of delivery.

I was also lucky enough to score a Private Offer so I got another $1500 off of my Silverado.

My guess if you are buying a new vehicle off of the lot the dealer would enter the VIN into some system and then enter your GMFF code and it would tell the dealer the price you would pay with GMFF pricing. Or if you knew every option (Took a pic of the Window Sticker) and entered it in the GMFF Build and Price section of the GMFF site it would get you in the ball park of the price.

• 4 weeks later...

Supplier pricing for friends was about 6.65% off total msrp for me (3400ish off). Employee pricing would have been another 1800 or so below that even.

Also, both supplier and employee pricing are listed on the vehicle invoice, so you can ask to see it if you're buying one off the lot as ground trooper mentioned.

Archived