1500 under powered

A gasoline engine is designed to rev, if you need legitimate towing capacity without breaking a sweat you might need a 3/4 ton diesel? Is it worth it if you don't tow regularly? Pro's and con's...

A gasoline engine is designed to rev, if you need legitimate towing capacity without breaking a sweat you might need a 3/4 ton diesel? Is it worth it if you don't tow regularly? Pro's and con's...

I was in that spot a few months ago and the diesel just doesn't make sense if you aren't hauling everyday and using it like it should be. Maintenance is higher, initial cost is higher, bigger to maneuver in parking lots, stiffer ride down the highway, but BIG trucks are pretty sweet. The diesels seem to hold their value longer though, that is a benefit for sure!

If the wallet can handle it get diesel! If not maybe try to find a used NHT package 1500. I love my dad's 2010 6.2L NHT truck for hauling. I ended up getting a 2014 6.2L DI with 3.42s, not quite the same as the NHT package but definitely no slouch when pulling a the racecar with an open trailer loaded with tools, gear and 4 adults.

I think you're just trying to convince yourself that you need another truck. Your feeling are going to be hurt if you think a 6.0 is going to pull the tongue off the trailer. For what it's worth. I have a new duramax that gets 11 mpg pulling a lawn mower on a 7x12 single axle trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived