2015 Silverado to 2016 Conversion!!!

Just wanted to share my project for those who might be interested on doing the conversion. Some might think is a waste and some might actually like it. every body has there own taste and gotta respect that. My truck started as a 2015 silverado black sport edition I think that's what's called. It was wrecked and I had to replace front end so why not upgrade while at it. Here is the result.

From this

65C54FCB-A382-4940-ACD6-AFD0CD79D6C4.jpg

To this

06F3EEB1-380F-4426-A82F-03DED626B6C3.jpg

263001B8-4D02-4D7C-B4BF-43DD36BE946F.jpg

Edited by Dbeto54
  • Like 9

Dang I'd hate to see what the cost on this was!! Looks awesome though!!

Thanks, I bought the headlights and taillights really cheap from a local junk yard which were the most expensive parts from dealer ship. It was only about $1,500 more than I would of spend on the '15 front end, so I believe it wasnt that bad.

Damn how did you find heads and tails in a yard so quick?! That's pretty awesome then!!

Yeah got a family friend In the junk yard business. He was able to locate them for me. They werent perfect cosmetically talking but still functional.

I need a lot more pictures and info! What was the total cost? I was so pissed I didn't know about the 16's when I bought my 15 lol

Did you have to have your bcm programmed for the lights being that they have the leds for the drl?!

Oh yeah, more pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need a lot more pictures and info! What was the total cost? I was so pissed I didn't know about the 16's when I bought my 15 lol

Did you have to have your bcm programmed for the lights being that they have the leds for the drl?!

Oh yeah, more pictures!

I also want to know how you got the drl(ltz) leds to work I want to swap my drl for the ltz LEDs as I have a Lt model and don't have Led.Oh ya almost for congrats,people like you that makes the first jump off the bridge opens all the doors,thanks for sharing.

Oh yeah, more pictures!

I will get more pics as soon as I get a chance and will try to write a kinda DIY guide for the headlights

I also want to know how you got the drl(ltz) leds to work I want to swap my drl for the ltz LEDs as I have a Lt model and don't have Led.Oh ya almost for congrats,people like you that makes the first jump off the bridge opens all the doors,thanks for sharing.

Thanks lol I couldnt find much info on how to do it so I kinda pull the trigger without knowing for sure if it was going to work. DRL just need a NC/NO relay that will switch between DRL and Low Beam mode. I will try to write down a "how to" as soon as I get some free time. Its not hard at all.

Thanks lol I couldnt find much info on how to do it so I kinda pull the trigger without knowing for sure if it was going to work. DRL just need a NC/NO relay that will switch between DRL and Low Beam mode. I will try to write down a "how to" as soon as I get some free time. Its not hard at all.

Please do I like how the LTZ have the extra leds,didn't know only the LTZ's(maybe high countrys too)had them till I bought my truck.

Please do I like how the LTZ have the extra leds,didn't know only the LTZ's(maybe high countrys too)had them till I bought my truck.

Since you have a 2016 I believe you'll only need the headlights and nothing else. The plug is the same maybe just messing with the last 2 wire will do the trick, but I believe the are plug and play. Will need to see a pic of an LT headlight connector to be 100% sure. Edited by Dbeto54