2015 Silverado to 2016 Conversion!!!

Ricker6869, I plan to do this change with my 2015.5 GMC Sierra SLT. The bumper and grill were slightly damaged so doing this upgrade (swap) would be awesome. It sounds like you've done some of the "leg" work. Care to share any additional information?

I'm guessing we can keep the hood but we just need to replace the following? --

• bumper
  • grille
  • headlights
  • fog lights
  • radiator cover
  • molding between grille and bumper

If there is any major parts I'm missing out on, please let me know. I am hoping to do this swap at the end of December 2016 or the start of 2017. Thanks!!

Shiro,

Your list is spot on. You will need to remove two metal nut tabs (not sure what they are called) from your inner grille support and place them on a new spot on same support. The new 2016+ grille lower bolts to a different area. Just unclip and place in new spot. It already has a provision for them.

Also...you will need the 2016 bumper brackets...hopefully you got them with the bumper.

Fogs are plug and play. Headlights will require re-pinning the OE harness onto a 2016 connector (ebay).

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'd trade mine before doing this. It's like the guys who changed their front clips to 2500's or Escalades. Any worries you are creating a Frankenstein that you will never be able to trade or sell?

• 4 weeks later...

To those who have made it the conversion., can you just make a simple list of the items needed to make this mod, I'm thinking on doing it but this is going to take me some time., but I have to start some where. Basically,

1- headlights

2-bumper

3-grille

4-hood

Maybe front fenders and inner grille?

Will the 2016 headlights fit right in the existing cavity?

Thanks to pgamboa I have the electrical covered! ??

Kudos to those who have made the swap.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

My bumper has a few small dings and a chipped chrome and rust spot already so wouldn't mind doing the swap as part prices come down. Surprised no one put together a little write up.

• 2 weeks later...

To those who have made it the conversion., can you just make a simple list of the items needed to make this mod, I'm thinking on doing it but this is going to take me some time., but I have to start some where. Basically,

1- headlights

2-bumper

3-grille

4-hood

Maybe front fenders and inner grille?

Will the 2016 headlights fit right in the existing cavity?

Thanks to pgamboa I have the electrical covered!

Kudos to those who have made the swap.

From what I've found out researching online on GM websites, the front fenders have the same part numbers for 2014 - 2016, so that's two less parts needed. :) I've been trying to price this out too but can't seem to find an accurate parts list anywhere. The freakin headlights are a big chunk of change too, about $1500 for the pair online from what I've found. My wife really likes the 2016 front end so I have that going for me right now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to share my project for those who might be interested on doing the conversion. Some might think is a waste and some might actually like it. every body has there own taste and gotta respect that. My truck started as a 2015 silverado black sport edition I think that's what's called. It was wrecked and I had to replace front end so why not upgrade while at it. Here is the result.

From this

65C54FCB-A382-4940-ACD6-AFD0CD79D6C4.jpg

To this

06F3EEB1-380F-4426-A82F-03DED626B6C3.jpg

263001B8-4D02-4D7C-B4BF-43DD36BE946F.jpg

Your truck looks awesome!! I doing the conversion this week and I was wondering what you used for your headlights.. I'm thinking about buying the harness from gen5diy.. and I just wanted to know. Thanks in advance.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your truck looks awesome!! I doing the conversion this week and I was wondering what you used for your headlights.. I'm thinking about buying the harness from gen5diy.. and I just wanted to know. Thanks in advance.!

Thanks ? Yeah if they have it available it will save you alot of time just by getting the harness from them. Other than the harness and the lights costing alot its a pretty easy conversion. Good luck and if you have any more question lmk Edited by Dbeto54

I was lookin at the 16s the other day and was contemplating just converting my 14... But I like the hood better on the 14s I'm sure it can stay right?

I was lookin at the 16s the other day and was contemplating just converting my 14... But I like the hood better on the 14s I'm sure it can stay right?

Hood has to go unless the front onf the hood gets modified to fit the new grille and headlights Edited by Dbeto54

Thanks for you input! Pgamboa and I are working on headlight and what I mean by that he's working on it..haha.. I'm hoping to get this done this week .

And for all those with questions and do a write up and pictures.

• Like 1