Headlight Jiggle

never had this issue with my wife's Mitsubishi outlander. I'm only asking because the only experience I had with them were in her vehicle. just wondering if others who own a truck like mine had similar issues.

never had this issue with my wife's Mitsubishi outlander. I'm only asking because the only experience I had with them were in her vehicle. just wondering if others who own a truck like mine had similar issues.

Trying to never assume... have you checked your headlights by hand? Are they loose at all? Even a minuscule amount would be amplified by quite a lot at the throw distance of these headlights. As someone above said, it can happen with a broken or loose mount. A vibrating headlight would act as you're describing.

As far as the bulbs moving, they really shouldn't be. These bulbs have the ballast mounted directly on the bulb and are sold together. If anything, the extra weight of the ballast should balance them more. If it's a bulb, you're looking at $100. They should be quite sturdy.

If it was aftermarket, I'd say maybe... but nah. It's probably the housing.

I have the same setup and haven't really noticed any flickering or bouncing. I'll watch next time I'm going down a rough road and see.

Idk, if you have the time and don't want to mess with it, I'd bring it to the dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this same problem with the driver's side headlight on my '16 Silverado too. They told me they couldn't replicate it. I put Spyder projectors into my 2011, and retrofitted those with a high quality Morimoto Mini H1 HID projector kit, and they were rock solid. Bought $50K new truck and they shake like heck. I also have one led strip that is slightly dimmer than the other. Apparently it's how I hold my head....that's their explanation. Chevy really needs to step up. I'm tired of being told I'm stupid by the dealer. Two different dealers tried to do an alignment on my truck. After 13,000 miles the steering wheel is still crooked. The second one stole a $20 USB cable out of my truck. I got back in, went to plug my phone in because I use Android auto, and the cable was gone. Really pathetic dealing with chevy these days.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Under further examination it looks to be that the headlight HID bulb is not securely seated in the housing and will move abit if jarred therefore when pushing on the bulb it moves. So every time you go over a bump the HID bulb is actually vibrating causing the flicker or jiggle or shake.

Does anyone have a fix for this to tighten up the HID bulb so it can't vibrate.

I've replaced Headlight assemblies at the dealership for this problem, the whole projector is moving, not just the bulb. Remove the cove for the bulb, stick your hand in there with the headlights on and you'll see the movement of the projector. This primarily seems to happen on the drivers side most for some reason. If your under warranty, get it replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Tagging in. I'll have to take a look at mine. From what I noticed it does seem to be the Driver's side more than the passenger. We have 1300 miles on the truck, I don't mind the jiggle much, I was used to it with my pop up HIDs on the 4th gen - but I'll take a look when I have some time and check back in with anything I find loose. It seems like the whole housing shakes on bumps and uneven roads.

I'm on my second set of these lights and they STILL shake (jiggle) when going over bumps or potholes. Headlight mounting bolts are torqued properly so it is definitely inside the housing. There has got to be a fix for this? How can GM not be addressing this issue. My Dealer in Canada. Has not heard of or had any other complaints about any shake in the headlights. Very frustrating

Would rubber washers on the headlight mounting bolts damper any of the shaking?

I'm on my second set of these lights and they STILL shake (jiggle) when going over bumps or potholes. Headlight mounting bolts are torqued properly so it is definitely inside the housing. There has got to be a fix for this? How can GM not be addressing this issue. My Dealer in Canada. Has not heard of or had any other complaints about any shake in the headlights. Very frustrating

Would rubber washers on the headlight mounting bolts damper any of the shaking?

GM is addressing the issue. They are replacing the headlamp assemblies if you take it in. Being that there is only like 4 complaints of this on this forum. I can't imagine GM is having to deal with that many of them. At the same time, GM is having more important issues elsewhere. I'm sure Headlight jiggle to them is last on their priority list. It can be replaced under your warranty though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk