Cabin air intake.

Yep... had this whole mess in there the other day. Lovely smell too! Had the same issue with my Toyota Sienna where the critter had also dragged a plastic bag in there reducing my AC airflow to practically zero!

silver cabin air filter.jpg

sienna cabin air filter.jpg

Edited by betyouaint
  • Like 1

In Florida, we always have a spring when the oaks, and other trees, produce enough pollen to turn every vehicle a yellow hue.
When it's about done, I always change out the cabin air filter for a new freshness that can only be described as a breath of fresh air. :)

I changed mine the other day. Only thing I had in there was a bunch of nuts, but I made the mistake of not using a manila folder so a leaf fell down. Tore my hand apart trying to fish it out but finally got it and installed the new filter.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Definitely had a one or many a mouse in my new truck (2018).  Hope they didn’t get any further anywhere with what they chewed off of the filter. The bottom left hand corner was in the back left hand side. I was searching for a diagram that showed intake to the filter and where/how it flowed from the filter box when I found this thread.

Last truck (2006) they got under my hood and chewed a wire harness somewhere. Kept blowing fuse. Byers Chevrolet in Columbus could never find the issue. I just lived with not being able to use passenger side windows for a very long time. 

26E5DD52-CEDC-4A1F-89A1-0C3EB9520914.jpeg