2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 backup camera fuzzy/blurry

Ok so I bought this new truck last week. Had the windows tinted ordered all my normal reverse LED lights I've changed on all my vehicles and I changed the ones in my truck and now the back up camera is blurry and has squiggly lines all throughout my screen. It is only when in reverse. The back up camera stays on for a few seconds when put in neutral and drive. And the lines go away. I removed the LED lights and the lines went away. I will be going talk to my dealer to see if they have a solution. Any help???

Mine is blurry/fuzzy depending on how dark out it is and I don't have anything aftermarket. It seems fine in the daylight. When it's darker out it's worse. For the split second it's on after I take it out of reverse it's better. The camera doesn't seem to like the bright reverse lights.

Ok so I bought this new truck last week. Had the windows tinted ordered all my normal reverse LED lights I've changed on all my vehicles and I changed the ones in my truck and now the back up camera is blurry and has squiggly lines all throughout my screen. It is only when in reverse. The back up camera stays on for a few seconds when put in neutral and drive. And the lines go away. I removed the LED lights and the lines went away. I will be going talk to my dealer to see if they have a solution. Any help???

Hello Matthew,

We apologize for the unexpected concern with your Silverado. If you would like for us to look into this further, and reach out to the dealership, let us know in a private message! Be sure to include your VIN, current mileage, contact information and preferred dealership.

Regards,

Anthony J.

GM Customer Care

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 11/24/2016 at 4:36 PM, Matthew Bebee said:

Tell me how did you fix the problem I have the same problem after installing led for reverse thanks 

On 11/25/2016 at 3:18 PM, newdude said:

How does the reverse light pattern look on the ground all zebra striped? Your issue is the aftermarket bulbs so like MikeNH said, I'd skip the dealer and try another LED bulb. I run VLEDs for my backups.

You have back up camera ?

Archived