New 2016 2500 Rumble

Hello guys this is my first post on this board. About two weeks ago I traded my 2011 Cummins in for a 2016 6.0L, didn't need a diesel anymore and decided to buy the Chevy this time as I love the new body style.

Anyway, there is a rumble when driving coming from the driver side front wheel (at least I think). It's more pronounced going around corners. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking it just needs a wheel balance hopefully.

Hello guys this is my first post on this board. About two weeks ago I traded my 2011 Cummins in for a 2016 6.0L, didn't need a diesel anymore and decided to buy the Chevy this time as I love the new body style.

Anyway, there is a rumble when driving coming from the driver side front wheel (at least I think). It's more pronounced going around corners. Anyone else have this issue? I'm thinking it just needs a wheel balance hopefully.

Hello Rob2500hd,

Congratulations on purchasing a Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD! We hope you enjoy finding new adventures for many miles ahead. If you need assistance and would like us to touch base with your involved dealership to discuss this concern. We're available via private message and would need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and dealer name to move forward. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Anthony J.

GM Customer Care

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. I had the same issue on my 06 trailblazer. Turns out the noise on my driver's side was caused by the passenger front bearing. I replaced both @ 75k and the noise went away

Sounds like a wheel bearing to me. I had the same issue on my 06 trailblazer. Turns out the noise on my driver's side was caused by the passenger front bearing. I replaced both @ 75k and the noise went away

Truck has 600 miles on it. Bearing bad already??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems to be the worst between 30-50mph and going around turns. Seems to be about the same whether I'm braking or not. Going into the dealer tomorrow morning for them to check it out. I'll post what they find.

I had a terrible noise with the Goodyear Duratracs, between 30 and 50 also, so switched to Michelin Defender LTX's, and it was gone entirely.

I recently upgraded from my 18's to a set of 20's with the factory Goodyear Wrangler SRA's like you have, and there is noticeable tire noise although not nearly as bad as the Duratracs were so it hasn't bothered me too much.

When needed I intend to switch to the Michelins in the 20" size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived