Rocker panel upkeep

Hey guys, here in PA, salt season is just beginning. I try to keep my truck out of the salt, but sometimes it can't be helped. What should I be doing to help my rocker panels? Right now they look brand new inside and out. I occasionally spray some liquid wrench silicone spray inside the holes to help prevent corrosion.

Anyway, my question is, if I have to run in salt, would it help to spray in those tiny holes with a hose afterwards to clean the inside of the rockers out? Or does that do more harm than good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Find something with some body to it, I use regular oil and drain ATF. Once you get a coating in there, you can build it up and leave it. I've heard Amsoil makes an aerosol spray also. Should only need done once a year.

I use an undercoat gun to spray mine...again with new motor oil, used atf, and used gear oil.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Don't forget the doors, the pinch weld at the bottom will rust.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Check with local body shops, many around here will "oil" your truck for a fee....They use bar-chain oil since its biodegradable. Have it done at the beginning of the season each year and you should be GTG.

I enjoy winter because I get to ride my raptor in the snow, but man it breaks my heart to have to run my truck in salty soup

I can't drive my truck in the snow I have OCD about cleanliness and rust, it sits in the shop all winter

• 2 weeks later...

I have never heard of this.

I live in Canada and we have loads of salt. we used to be exclusively gravel but now we use salt. bah.

i have one of those small lifts that i can sit under the car in my shop.

can i just use a brush and brush it on the undercarriage? do I need to get it spic and span clean first?

my truck is already coated with salt and road grime ofcourse.

i could do a thourough cleaning though.

I think what I'm gonna end up doing is drilling 2 holes, maybe 1.5" diameter, in each panel. It's a single cab, so the rockers are pretty short. Then I'll spray in some heavy gear oil, probably 75-90 at least. Then I'll put some rubber grommet type things over the holes

Archived