Backup camera monitor at night.

Not to mention that the red brake lights in my tow mirrors are totally blinding at night .. . other car companies have the mirror brake light blocked from the drivers line of sight ... (on the outside edge vs in the glass)

Totally a POOR design !

do the engineers ever drive the products they design ? Geez

come on GM - this is basic screw up on your part

(I'm still not happy with the steering column not lined up with the center of the drivers seat ! ) like it's leaving room for someone to sit in the front seat middle section (WHERE THE GIANT CONSOLE IS) - DUH

How is it that my 2011 SLT nav / back up display worked better than my 2015 ?

Seems we are dealing with idiots !

You have brake lights in your tow mirrors?

• 2 weeks later...

Head to the dealership. The fix is an update called 17-na-269. I had mine done last week. Huge difference. As far as I am concerned, the problem is solved

Called dealership to schedule first service, asked if there was a fix for bright backup camera display at night, service manager said he'd never heard of that issue. I mentioned the update you listed and there it was, a fix for an issue he said he's never heard of. Thanks for posting the update information.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Had the update done, display is not near as bright at night in the cab but the clarity is gone also. Trade one thing for another I guess. 
I purchased 2 rigid flush mount defuser lights and cut them into my bumper on 15" centers from hitch and wired the hot wire into reverse lights in hitch wiring harness. They have a small 3-way switch mounted into cab for off, on, and on when in reverse where I keep it. AutoAnything.com best $134.00 spent it gives me 180° at 125' of light behind truck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

A little off-topic but related:

My wife has a 2015 ATS and I have a 2015 Silverado.  Both backup screens work like they should.  But I just had a 2018 ATS as a loaner and the backup screen was B-R-I-G-H-T !!

GM must have changed something in 2016 across all the brands ...

• 6 months later...

A little late to the convo, since I just joined the site, but this issue has me rethinking my purchase. I tow a lot at night, and it's a safety issue. I can barely see when backing up the trailers. Had a discussion with a "Senior Advisor", who wouldn't even listen to me, just told me here's a $100 voucher for service. They are closing my ticket as "displeased".. Why close my issue instead of trying to find a fix for it? The TSB did nothing as far as I could tell.  I'm sure everyone else's display works like mine. Dim for the first second, and then BAM, here comes the brightness. Funny the dealer never heard of anyone else complaining. 

ImBroke,

Go back and tell the dealer to get his out out of his ass.  It's a simple software change to reduce the brightness of the back up monitor.  I'm pretty sure someone has linked to the file #.

ImBroke,

Go back and tell the dealer to get his out out of his ass.  It's a simple software change to reduce the brightness of the back up monitor.  I'm pretty sure someone has linked to the file #.

I had the TSB applied to my 2017 Chevy last year. Big difference. It toned down the brightness a lot at night . 100% improvement as far as my truck goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk