Erratic rpm at road speed

Cruising this morning at 55 mph. Rpm needle bouncing up and down about 100 to 200 rpm. Can very slightly feel it 'seat of the pants'.

Check engine light was flashing on me for about 5 seconds couple days ago but then went away by itself.

Have 110,000 miles on truck. 2014 silverado 1500 5.3 liter 4wd crew cab

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Flashing cel is random cylinder misfire. Had this same problem mine was bad gas tho

That's what it feels like. Same gas station for years and no issues.....

I was thinking spark plugs right away cause felt like a miss. When i use button on steering wheel to add speed the initial acceleration from 55 to 58 is kinda jerky.

Dump in bottle of HEET?

Up date. While on cruise control this morning rpm started spiking waaay high like up to 4,000 rpm. Went to turn around and go back to shop. Now can't move. It just revs up.

112,731 highway miles on this POS and the trannies gone unreal

Up date. While on cruise control this morning rpm started spiking waaay high like up to 4,000 rpm. Went to turn around and go back to shop. Now can't move. It just revs up.

112,731 highway miles on this POS and the trannies gone unreal

That sucks man, keep us updated!

That sucks man, keep us updated!

So yes trans is definitely shot. As described to me, the 4-5-6 clutch burned up. As a result of that, metal shavings scattered all throughout the transmission.

Options are: buy new trans for $4200 that will have 100k mile warranty OR have dealer repair the existing transmission for $1900 which would come with 1 year warranty. GM would cover $800 if I go with the cheaper dealer repair.

Or, they'll give me $15k for trade, as it sits. Has about every option except leather. Paid $43,000 almost exactly three years ago.

Heckuva bill for a daily cruiser with 112,000 miles on it.

So yes trans is definitely shot. As described to me, the 4-5-6 clutch burned up. As a result of that, metal shavings scattered all throughout the transmission.

Options are: buy new trans for $4200 that will have 100k mile warranty OR have dealer repair the existing transmission for $1900 which would come with 1 year warranty. GM would cover $800 if I go with the cheaper dealer repair.

Or, they'll give me $15k for trade, as it sits. Has about every option except leather. Paid $43,000 almost exactly three years ago.

Heckuva bill for a daily cruiser with 112,000 miles on it.

That sucks, I'd take the trade in deal

That sucks, I'd take the trade in deal

Huh? Deal? That's like over $30k for an upgrade on a truck that's only 3 years old! They quoted me $44,000 for a new truck similarly equipped b4 taxes.

You probably make/have more money than me, but is ownership cost on a half ton truck supposed to be more than my house?

Huh? Deal? That's like over $30k for an upgrade on a truck that's only 3 years old! They quoted me $44,000 for a new truck similarly equipped b4 taxes.

You probably make/have more money than me, but is ownership cost on a half ton truck supposed to be more than my house?

What i ment was if you arr still making payments might be worth the trade in the long run. Having it rebuild with metal shavings and such might be a gamble, and 4200 is not a small amount of money. But if you own it outright tgats a different story.

What i ment was if you arr still making payments might be worth the trade in the long run. Having it rebuild with metal shavings and such might be a gamble, and 4200 is not a small amount of money. But if you own it outright tgats a different story.

Bought it cash.

Archived