Have to vent , a lot of pissed of people here

k1500chevy97

Well first off as many of you know I am a volunteer firefighter .

We ordered a new engine back in September well it was supposed to be delivered this week .

Well we got some pictures of the unit's progress and to tell you the truth myself and the rest of the dept are thinking what the hell have they been doing

Basically the only thing that they have done is build the pump panel and pump housing for the unit none of the compartments or hosebed construction has even started :):D

Here are a few pics of the unit

MVC-021F.JPG

MVC-022F.JPG

MVC-023F.JPG

MVC-024F.JPG

MVC-026F.JPG

MVC-028F.JPG

Sorry about it not being a GM truck but i had to vent through posting some pics

Any official reply as to the holdup?

The rep from that company says that the past couple of months they have been moving their whole factory to a different building .

But as the pics show they should have at least had that peice in the last two pics already done and mounted around january :)

I wonder what takes so long to put it all together...  I'm assuming this place mass produces these?

Except for their demonstration units every one is custom built to specs .

Like in our specs we specified to be delivered in 300 days once the contract was signed well we didnt specify calender days or working days (shows how often we put out a new truck for bid :D ) so I guess they gave us a bogus delivery date and are now trying to say that the contract says 300 working days oh well I guess thats what happens when you go with the low bid (about 50k less than the next lowest bid) and when your not used to writing up bids :)

Man! It sure would be terrible if news got out to a news reporter that a company that built firetrucks was screwing over volunteer firemen...

I like the way you think mark...........

I bet that truck would get done sooner then :):D

• 1 month later...

**********************UPDATE*********************

The company has set the date of delivery for the last part of august .

That is a little more than 2 months later than the original date they will be giving us a 15k discount on the truck

Here are some updated pics of the unit

MVC-048F.JPG

MVC-049F.JPG

MVC-050F.JPG

MVC-051F.JPG

MVC-052F.JPG

MVC-053F.JPG

MVC-055F.JPG

At least y'all are getting a custom fire engine chassis, my dept took delivery of six new American Lafrance pumpers last year. They were on Kenworth commercial chassis, we had to send them all back, one at a time, to get Kenwoth to rewire the entire electrical system on each truck. It seems the commercial chassis we got were not originaly intended made to be fire engines and they all had electrical failures. We paid $160,000 each and had two fail while pumping at a fire.

Fire season wont really matter with this engine because it will be a city/structural engine and not a wildland or brush unit

As far as the custom chassis go were those the t-300 chassis they are having problems with those big time .

The best commercial chassis that you can use have to be the gm medium dutys or the freightliners (all of our new county pumpers and a few rescues are freightliners)

Archived