Goodyear Duratrac Problems

We have OE sized Duratrac on a 2500hd company truck...put 2400 pounds of water in the bed and our gear, and the truck handled just fine. These were factory 265x17s...

They are more a mud tire, so they are going to squirm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I've owned several trucks with several different sets of tires over the years. These tires had problems. I can assure you that if you put the duratracs I had on my truck on the work truck you're describing it would be doing a little more than squirm. I live on a farm and we haul heavy loads and tow heavy trailers hauling cattle and hay. The tires I had were a hazard to drive.

I had almost 80,000 km on my Duratracs (275/70/18) when I got a bolt through the side wall and other than being louder than stock I thought they were great tires. I have a '10 1500 but have pulled a 8500 lb trailer and thought the tires handled that just fine. I've never had any of the issues you describe..

265/70r17 C rated Duratracs are the 3rd tire I've had on my 1500 max tow...

I thought I didn't like the previous Cooper AT3 in 285/70r17 E rated, but only because once they wore about halfway, they were horrible in snow.

The Goodyears won't be my choice again. Probably BFG AT ko2 next time.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I've owned several trucks with several different sets of tires over the years. These tires had problems. I can assure you that if you put the duratracs I had on my truck on the work truck you're describing it would be doing a little more than squirm. I live on a farm and we haul heavy loads and tow heavy trailers hauling cattle and hay. The tires I had were a hazard to drive.

Just saying, we haul heavy with our 2500hd and have no issues whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Those general grabber AT2 are good tires! My brother had them ion a loaded down work truck and got decent tread wear. Also were great in the snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have a 2018 Z-71 1500- I run 275/65-20’s. I tried the Goodyear Ultra terrain ( Discount Tire exclusively). Absolutely loved them. Load /E and ran 52lbs in them and were solid. Got 54,000 miles out of them. No squishy feeling from weak sidewalls. Went to order again and were back ordered so got talked into the Duratracs. Tire shop filled to 44lbs and super scary changing lanes on highway. I filled to 55lbs and still the same. Going to go to 60lbs and cross my fingers. But already regretting not getting the Ultra Terrains again. Awesome tire. Huge difference.