2016 2500HD whistling noise between 45-65 mph

I have a horrible whistling noise between 45-65 mph. With the window down it sounds like it's coming from the left front, but I really can't tell. Folded mirror in and it still whistles. Here is a video posted by someone else on YouTube but it's close to what I'm hearing.

Had a 2015 Suburban that had a mysterious whistling. Checked mirrors, roof rack, door trim. No luck. Ended up being the gap between the hood and the grill. Dealer put a black foam strip across the top of the grill area just behind the spot where the front edge of the hood would lie, and never heard another whistle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar whistle that seems to be from around the windshield but haven't had much time to try to track down the cause. Mine is intermittent dependent on how windy it is and the direction I'm traveling in comparison to the wind's direction but it can get very loud. Once I get some time and if I have any luck, I'll post here.

Edited by BlkSS

My 2015 has the same noise when the temp is right and the wind is right. I used masking tape to narrow it down to the center clearance light on the roof. Replaced the light and ... it still makes the noise. Annoying. It hasn't been warm enough the past 6 months to make the noise so I forgot about it till I just read your post. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Just picked my 2016 2500HD up from the service department at the dealer here in Peoria AZ. Service adviser says they were able to hear the wind noise, it's a known issue originating from the trailer mirrors. GM says its acceptable, not sure I agree at almost $70K they should be able to come up with a fix. Mine sounds just like the one from the video posted; without that noise the cabin would be perfectly quiet at 80mph. Love the truck, purchased new in November to replace my 2011 Denali HD, thought I was stepping up in technology and quality.

Not the AC vents, noise continues regardless of vents open / close, AC on or off. Dealer agrees it is caused by the large towing mirrors; GM has issued a bulletin about the issue but says the noise is acceptable. I received a follow up note from the Service Manger at AutoNation Chevrolet here in Peoria; so I responded to him voicing my concerns. No response back.....

• 1 year later...

I am having this whistle sound when it's windy or at speeds of 80+mph. If I roll down my driver's side window it stops. It's driving me nuts. It's there a solution to this other than tape? I've included a video to listen to. 

my window_2_1.mp4

15 hours ago, Train078 said:

Was the whistle coming through ur window? 

No. Windows up or down, sunroof open or closed, it sounded like the radio was on playing music very low. It was VERY hard to pinpoint for me but I adjusted the hood latch and lowered the hood a hair and it was gone.  Only did it at certain speeds