Anyone used the Inez Hotrods 4/6 drop kit? Looking for feedback.

I'll be installing it myself. I'm running 22's with 305/45's so I have a little more room for that half inch.

I have the cast arms as well. When I called to order he asked which arms I had.

So did the kit come in? I still haven't gotten around to ordering mine. Mainly b/c it's really hot here and I don't wanna install it in the heat. :D

Yup. The kit arrived last Friday. It's also been well over 100° here too so it will be a couple weeks until I can get to it. The arms are really well done and the lower arms are really beefy. I can't put pics in using this phone app but if you go to my gallery I think I put a pic in there. If not I'll add a pic here when I get to a PC. In about an hour.

Inez Hotrods and Customs

Edited by Goinovr
  • Like 2

So did the kit come in? I still haven't gotten around to ordering mine. Mainly b/c it's really hot here and I don't wanna install it in the heat. :D

Added the pic above. I'll be getting the rest of it unpacked this weekend and itemized for install.

• Like 1

Nice! Are they painted silver? Hard to tell in the photo.

I'm assuming they come with instructions. Wondering how good those are. I've heard the McGaughy ones are pretty bad.

I think they're powder coated silver or primered. Hard to tell. Debating on painting them black. There are no instructions but overall it's a pretty easy process. Plus Inez said to contact him at any time if I need help or have any problems.

• Like 1

It's a shame they don't come with instructions. Although I'm sure it's pretty straightforward, sometimes there are tips/tricks to this stuff that they probably know that we don't (if we haven't done this before.)

Wondering if it's just primer to keep them from rusting, although powder coating would be a plus.

I've lowered and lifted all of my own vehicles so it's not that big of a deal for me. I can see it being an issue for someone who has never done this kind of thing before though.

• Like 1

I've lowered and lifted all of my own vehicles so it's not that big of a deal for me. I can see it being an issue for someone who has never done this kind of thing before though.

Same, but with this being my daily, I would like to try to be ahead of any issues. Seems like installation instructions would help with that.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Forgot about this thread. Here you go! I'm running it at 4/6 but may drop 1 shim for a 5/6. Running a 305/40/22 tire I also need to do a slight roll on my rear fenders.

front

cleanlow

Overall I am really happy with this kit and the guys at IHC. Highly recommended IMO.
Edited by Goinovr
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, SkittlesR6sl_ut said:

bump. Just wondering how the kit is doing? just looking around right now. I dont want to go to low since sometimes i do go on dirt roads.

My opinion is dont get it   its a copy of the djm kit which sucks

Secondly, if you look at the dodge kit. It says 4/6.  I've owned a dodge      tbeyre saying their kit can go a 4/6 no notch.  Well they're wrong. Anyone that puts a 4/6 drop on a dodge needs a notch.  So someone that tells you that I wouldn't trust 

Tbey also copied the mcg helper bag kit.  

How low would you want to go?

1 hour ago, rojas84 said:

They've been selling these kits for quite a while now with no complaints or neg reviews

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Because most people think a lowered truck should ride like shit.   Plus inez nor djm accounted for moving the wheel forward 

9 hours ago, Nasty said:

My opinion is dont get it   its a copy of the djm kit which sucks

Secondly, if you look at the dodge kit. It says 4/6.  I've owned a dodge      tbeyre saying their kit can go a 4/6 no notch.  Well they're wrong. Anyone that puts a 4/6 drop on a dodge needs a notch.  So someone that tells you that I wouldn't trust 

Tbey also copied the mcg helper bag kit.  

How low would you want to go?

Thanks for the reply Nasty. 2/4 or maybe 3/5 for now. I don't want to c notch the frame just yet since i still use it for going fishing and every now and then moving my welder. But i would like to go to bags eventully