2017 gmc sierra 1500 leveling kit vs 4 inch lift kit

Hello I have a leveing kit now and thinking about going to a 4 inch ready lift. is it worth it I have a 1.5 in tough country leveling kit now but now the dealership is offering a ready lift for 1400 installed and you keep your factory warranty does anyone have any pictures with a 4 inch kit installed and before and after pictures just wondering if its worth the money for that kit thanks in advance this is what it looks like now with the 1.5 rough country level

post-173730-0-90760700-1497136080_thumb.jpg

The readylift is NOT a lift kit, it's a glorified leveling kit that rides like shit. It does not correct bad BJ or TRE angles. If you want a "real" 4" lift get a Zone or BDS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are talking a true 4" lift (not leveling spacers, or stiffer struts), you are talking $1500-2000 just for the part and an equal amount for the install. There are knuckle lifts and bracket lifts, each having pros and cons but the biggest difference is that knuckle lifts make your front track about 3" wider than your rear track which looks ridiculous. To counteract that, you have to run 1.5" spacers on the rear. Knuckle lifts also require a certain amount of negative offset to get the rim away from the hub.

4" isn't going to allow you much more tire than a level -- either way, you are limited at ~33".

Another alternative to get 4" without the track width issue or cutting/welding your frame, is to go Fox or Bilstein struts + Cognito UCAs and a differential drop. Then add a 1.5" body lift.

You just have to decide which way you want to go and how much you want to spend. I wrestle with this a lot as my truck approaches 36K miles with the tires wearing and the warranty about to go out. Do I want to stay leveled or do I want a true lift like some of the fine trucks on this forum?. Lifts, tires and rims are a sunk cost and in many cases make it harder to sell or trade-in. My dealer won't take in a lifted truck on trade and a stock 4x4 is easier to sell privately.

Well my local chevy dealer is the one who is installing the lift and they said if they do the warranty work it will not void my warranty and they have taken a few on trade with lifts. Idk but I have a 33 inch tire on now and they said you can run a 275/65/20 which is a 34 so I would like to see some pictures with a 4 inch ready left that's not on their website to see if it's worth it

Well my local chevy dealer is the one who is installing the lift and they said if they do the warranty work it will not void my warranty and they have taken a few on trade with lifts. Idk but I have a 33 inch tire on now and they said you can run a 275/65/20 which is a 34 so I would like to see some pictures with a 4 inch ready left that's not on their website to see if it's worth it

They are full of it. I wouldn't trust them. Warranty is important to keep. If they told me that it wouldn't void my warranty I'd want it in writing and a big fat autograph at the bottom.

If you are talking a true 4" lift (not leveling spacers, or stiffer struts), you are talking $1500-2000 just for the part and an equal amount for the install.

The 4.5" Zone can be purchased for $1100 and install shouldn't be much more than $600-$800. So for just about $2k you can have a "true" 4.5" lift installed and if you run a positive offset wheel that's not wide you can clear 35s.

If you're getting charged much more than that for the lift/install someone is taking pleasure in raping you.

They are full of it. I wouldn't trust them. Warranty is important to keep. If they told me that it wouldn't void my warranty I'd want it in writing and a big fat autograph at the bottom.

my dealer warranted a leaf spring pack on my 2013 after is was lifted and they give more on trades for lifted trucks.

my dealer warranted a leaf spring pack on my 2013 after is was lifted and they give more on trades for lifted trucks.

No doubt they do and you probably didn't run into any problems, but if you move and have to go to a new dealer not all look so keen on lifted trucks that is now having differential issues.

I would just cover all your bases or wait for your warranty to be up and then lift that thing 9 inches and replace all your worn out parts.

This is my lawyer mother talking, but don't put trust into people that don't need to trust you.

but they said they would only do the ready lift and the 4 inch sst lift if the only one they would do they do the readylift leveling kits and keep your warranty. I asked them about the 6 inch they said they would install it but then I am on my own for the warranty so now that I look at it it's not a true suspension lift so that's why I'm guessing they are covering it on warranty

but they said they would only do the ready lift and the 4 inch sst lift if the only one they would do they do the readylift leveling kits and keep your warranty. I asked them about the 6 inch they said they would install it but then I am on my own for the warranty so now that I look at it it's not a true suspension lift so that's why I'm guessing they are covering it on warranty

I would just get them to put that in writing. Cover your butt, if they refuse you know somethings up.

Out of curiosity did you go to them to ask about it or did they randomly say after a check up. "Do you want to lift this thing?"

Archived