Brand new battery dies overnight on 2003 chevy silverado 1500

My battery dies overnight on my 2003 chevy silverado. I have had the alternator test and that is good but still getting a draw somewhere. I have had a mechanic take a multimeter to test it and pull all the fuses and when he walked around the truck it randomly dropped. He didn't touch anything. Please help

OJ that is NOT True.

Brus listen to me boy. I have gazed into my crystal ball and this problem is the cigarette lighter, just remove the fuse for that or pull it out and replace it with a new part and you will be good to go. Ole Fav knows his stuff man, you can thank me later.........

• 6 months later...

You need to use a multimeter and do a proper parasitic draw test, then you're not just guessing at countless things that could be causing your problem. Use a fused jumper to test for no more than a 10 amp draw before beginning. Open the drivers door and flip the latch so the truck thinks the door is closed. Let the truck sit for several minutes to let all of the modules power down and go to sleep, some modules take longer than others. Once everything is asleep, monitor the amp reading on the meter, and 1 by 1 removed fuses from the underhood fuse block. If the reading drops when the fuse is pulled, you know which circuit to start with, if none of them cause a drop, do the same with the fuses in the instrument panel block. Pulling some fuses may wake up modules, you'll have to wait for them to power down before continuing. Once you know what circuit is causing the draw, you'll need a wiring schematic to see everything on that fused circuit, then you can unplug each component to isolate which branch. Then you'll have to determine if its the component, or a wiring issue.

Archived