Flap in front of rear tire

About 10-15 years ago the NBS trucks would wear out the right rear inner brake pad really fast because debris used to get between the pad and the rotor (didn't happen on the left side because the gas tank would block crap from getting in there. The fix was to put one of those little flaps in front of the rear tire on each side. I wonder if that's what the purpose of them are on these trucks since they went back to rear disc brakes.

Took mine off in the first 24hrs along with that useless skirt on the front end that wants to drag on any parking block it crosses. It's a truck, not a Prius... If MPG was your motive, you bought the wrong car.

I am considering taking off the plastic fender flares and getting them done in line-x so I might see what they look like after that. I already did Line-x on the rocker panels and bottom 4" of my doors which has helped with rocks quite a bit.

I think it would look good then if you've already Line-X'd a few things on your truck.

Post up pics of your linex'd truck. I'm thinking about taking those skirts off but also kinda like how they look

On top of that, I'd suggest a quick Google search too for a bunch more images. I did this when I was debating this too and found it helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

My '17 had less than 1K miles when this flap was nearly knocked off by a piece of retread…had to have the sheet-metal beat back in the place to remount it…not happy! Then it happened again just the other day..they're coming OFF!

Archived