Touch screen not sensing touch

There is likely a problem with the digitizer, cables, or the touch controller. Usually the screen and digitizer are in one unit, but can sometimes be ordered separately if they're not fused together. They may even have the controller in the same unit. Not sure if they are here or not. Getting a new "screen" (with digitizer) may fix the issue if the screen has all of the items integrated. Otherwise you may replace one thing and find out it's actually something else. I'm not sure if the controller is housed with the screen or is on the HMI. Hopefully in the screen assembly.

Looks like you may be able to get a screen assembly for around $350 on eBay if you're out of warranty.

You may want to check with the MVI guys, they may know the specifics as to how this system is laid out, and may even have some extras laying around they could sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I would guess there's no programming required. That's just a guess though. I'd just make sure to get the right part number.

That said, as someone just above mentioned, I would check and see what the dealer says before throwing parts at it. Although, if they charge a hefty "diagnostic" fee, this would probably be the first thing I replaced.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

My touch screen went crazy at about 60K miles, the dealer replaced the touch screen and the HMI and it worked perfectly until recently, now I have the same problem again! The dealer stated that the new screen had a 12 month or 12K mile warranty, of course I'm out of warranty again. The last repair was over $1,000.00.

Thinking about a Ford

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I have a 2015 silverado LT and my screen does not respond to touch at all. I bought another one off of ebay and still have the same issue. I saw HMI mentioned on here. What is that and does it affect the screen? And who are the MIV guys?