How many miles? Engine work if any?

mookdoc6

1 minute ago, mookdoc6 said:

Most likely it's been more reliable than a FERD.  From now until 200k is where the GM powertrain and FERD show their true colors.  FERDS are nice to look at but not a contractor grade truck for 1500's imo

Man...every time I reach a new milestone the goal post gets kicked down the road another 100 K :) 

Okay then...check back in at 200 K. (Bet the real number is much higher :crackup:)

• Like 1

At work we service limo fleet Yukon’s sometimes.

200k+ on them

They run and drive similar to ones with 50k on them these trucks age well with mileage.

Biggest repairs are junk 6 speed transmissions (no servicing) and fuel injectors.

Plus they ‘try’ and fix things themselves and it turns into bigger expenses for them.

The fords are interesting. The 5.4’s have catastrophic engine failures a lot, timing issues broken spark plugs broken manifolds crankshafts that walk and tear up engines etc. The 3.5’s have awful turbo issues and broken crankshaft issues (lol) and are miserable to service and such. I’ve seen high mileage 5.0 fords that were great no real oil leaks or ticks or anything. They’re just huge. The Chevy V8’s are so much better to work on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Grumpy Bear said:

Man...every time I reach a new milestone the goal post gets kicked down the road another 100 K :) 

Okay then...check back in at 200 K. (Bet the real number is much higher :crackup:)

My goal is to blow by your mileage number?  Currently, setting at 119k and I will be looking for "High Mileage" used single cab so I can have as a "work truck" "beater" etc. what do yo have for me?  

• Haha 1

I was just at my brother in law’s house this week. He has three high mileage Chevy trucks. He usually unloads them around 300k miles. Never for driveline issues. Two a pickup and a Yukon his daughters drive to college. The pickup was bought at 200k miles. He drives a p/u he bought new. It’s at 280K with a recent transmission rebuild. He used it pulling a trailer through 3 long distance moves. He followed recommended factory maintenance, nothing special. They all look presentable enough. All though I never seen then clean.

I was just at my brother in law’s house this week. He has three high mileage Chevy trucks. He usually unloads them around 300k miles. Never for driveline issues. Two a pickup and a Yukon his daughters drive to college. The pickup was bought at 200k miles. He drives a p/u he bought new. It’s at 280K with a recent transmission rebuild. He used it pulling a trailer through 3 long distance moves. He followed recommended factory maintenance, nothing special. They all look presentable enough. All though I never seen them clean.

2 hours ago, mookdoc6 said:

My goal is to blow by your mileage number?  Currently, setting at 119k and I will be looking for "High Mileage" used single cab so I can have as a "work truck" "beater" etc. what do yo have for me?  

So you want to use my Bentley for a cement truck? :crackup:

• 3 weeks later...

2016 Sierra 5.3L AT... bought new....200 miles.... 77k now... replaced the ****** tires at 45k.....had the brake booster replaced under warranty.... but knock on wood... not one issue, just regular maintenance~... love my truck

!post-161090-0-07143800-1470234629_thumb.jpg