Stabilitrak and traction control indicator

I've got a good one for ya...I was driving home last night and after going across some railroad tracks the stabilitrak and traction control on/off messages kept appearing in the instrument cluster DIC screen. As soon as I unplugged my phone from the USB cable (was listening to Spotify through Android auto at the time) it stopped. This was probably going on for about a mile before I came to a stop and unplugged the phone to look the issue up..

Has anyone had this happen? BTW, truck is a 2016, 2500 (gas) quad cab 4x4 ltz

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 SLE with 38K miles and I have been getting this message intermittently for years. When I ask the dealer about it they check and both systems are fine. I think it is something to do with the computer communication system and maybe Bluetooth trying to connect to two different points cause it happens more where I work where there are a few connections. But it does happen anywhere too I would guess about 2 times a week but there has been weeks of it not coming on. It normally clears within a mile so I would have to be passing a GM dealer when it comes in to have it checked out but even then by time you got a service advisor to get a tech to get to the truck it would be clear I bet. I just live with it but if you learn more please post.

22R

Sounds like a borderline wheel sensor, misadjusted wheel sensor  or a poor wheel sensor connection.  

I hope not, truck only has 9,200 miles on it..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

I had the same trouble with the stabilitrak and traction control on/off after backing my 5th wheel up into my driveway in 4 low. Now here is a good one for you, I pulled out of the driveway after unhooking and those lights were on, but my rear view camera was stuck on while I was driving, it was kind of weird, then all the sudden it fixed itself.