Wireless charging pad swap

The wireless charging pad in my 17 Silverado is garbage. It wont work with an S7, iPhone X, or Note 8. I gave up. Went to dealership today and the service guy said the 18s were better. They have a tech guy that's going to look into wether or not they can be swapped. Anyone heard of this before?

• 3 weeks later...
The wireless charging pad in my 17 Silverado is garbage. It wont work with an S7, iPhone X, or Note 8. I gave up. Went to dealership today and the service guy said the 18s were better. They have a tech guy that's going to look into wether or not they can be swapped. Anyone heard of this before?

Yes do a search in accessories/modifications tab. There is already a long thread. 18s do fit. Believe they are 10 rib pads instead of 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/5/2017 at 5:20 PM, ChevyRoofer said:

Yes do a search in accessories/modifications tab. There is already a long thread. 18s do fit. Believe they are 10 rib pads instead of 9.

It's not just the pad.  There's an incompatibility with the MY 17 and earlier chargers.  There is a new MY 18 charger that is compatible with the new iPhones.  The other thread is below:

• 1 month later...

Here’s a link to how to do it. You do need to replace the charging module. The 18’s have a 3 could system. The gentleman who does this video gives the part number you need and makes a harness to adapt the connections. Hope this helps.

And here’s the part you need from the 18.
https://www.gmpartsxperts.com/oem-parts/gm-f-module-13521066

Archived