Who's got Fender Flares ?

I put a set of Rough Country fender flares on my truck, but return them since the tires were not flush to the fender flares and looked odd. Good quality, easy to install, did not like the stance. May be if I used spacers it will look better. Did not tried.

BajaKing.

20170807_103231.jpg.9376b42759a63039003c762d2b1c158a.jpg
20170807_130712.thumb.jpg.48468e5dbd2bb8e1c1095560fed9fdbb.jpg
20170807_130721.jpg.721b22a636bab2472b08c973225b487e.jpg
20170807_130731.jpg.f05bedcb7589cf05b8e95276ed10ab04.jpg

Still looks good. Wheel fitment was my biggest pet peeve when I put them on at first as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I had posted in this. I must not have. At the dealership I work at we use the Tyger flares and I like them because they don't add very much to the inside of the fender well which allows you to put a bigger tire on without the fear of ripping the flare off. If you buy a rough country set you are buying the name. It's just like a Yeti cooler vrs a K2 cooler. Same exact cooler... different name. If you want to say you have a rough country set... then get those. But if you want to save money and have the same quality and look. Get the Tyger's. You can also buy them on Amazon and if you have prime get them in two days with the free shipping. 

http://amzn.to/2zUN0G1

61YWGETpgpL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.e52152b4cc6697b97ab01f2c6c884270.jpg

On 11/21/2017 at 8:00 PM, carnau said:

I thought I had posted in this. I must not have. At the dealership I work at we use the Tyger flares and I like them because they don't add very much to the inside of the fender well which allows you to put a bigger tire on without the fear of ripping the flare off. If you buy a rough country set you are buying the name. It's just like a Yeti cooler vrs a K2 cooler. Same exact cooler... different name. If you want to say you have a rough country set... then get those. But if you want to save money and have the same quality and look. Get the Tyger's. You can also buy them on Amazon and if you have prime get them in two days with the free shipping. 

Those look great and the price point is pretty solid. The reviews on amazon seem pretty hit and miss so that's a little concerning but overall at less than half the price of bushwacker I guess you can't expect the exact same thing.

Curious if you've installed them on the shorter bed. Reviews are claiming that the gas cap isn't cut out.

61YWGETpgpL._SL1000_.thumb.jpg.e52152b4cc6697b97ab01f2c6c884270.jpg

Those looks good, do you have pics of them on a CC?

On 11/23/2017 at 10:31 AM, arkenzo said:

Those looks good, do you have pics of them on a CC?

I am actually pulling a crew cab in the shop to put a set on this afternoon. It wont be a red truck it is silver though. 

On 11/23/2017 at 7:38 AM, Penguin VII said:

Those look great and the price point is pretty solid. The reviews on amazon seem pretty hit and miss so that's a little concerning but overall at less than half the price of bushwacker I guess you can't expect the exact same thing.

Curious if you've installed them on the shorter bed. Reviews are claiming that the gas cap isn't cut out.

I have not put them on a single cab yet. Normally it's ether extended or crew. 

1 hour ago, carnau said:

I am actually pulling a crew cab in the shop to put a set on this afternoon. It wont be a red truck it is silver though. 

awesome, honestly they all look the same to me,  i know some fender flares have the metal nuts and some do not, but other than that, as long as it doesn't go on or over the bumper, they all look very much the same to me. The differences in crew cab vs double cab I notice, but maybe im not seeing a difference other than material or fit?

either way, i'm looking at the rough country set but if i can save a few bucks and still get the same quality then i'll go for it, they'll be paint matched to tungsten grey anyways.

please post pics when done :)

61DD+9e3svL._SL1000_.jpg

On 11/24/2017 at 10:50 AM, carnau said:

I have not put them on a single cab yet. Normally it's ether extended or crew. 

To clarify, shorter bed, not shorter cab. I've got the 5'8" bed and from the sound of it I'll have to trim where the gas cap is myself.

On 11/24/2017 at 11:31 AM, AGMthing said:

Bushwhacker flares ... obviously painted to match.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Love your truck man. Really makes me regret not going grey, especially after realizing how hard this black is to take care of.

For Sale: 

Bushwacker 40958-02 Boss Pocket Style Fender Flare for GMC, (Set of 4)
by Bushwacker fits 2014 and 2015 gmc sierra 1500.
Brand new, never used.. they are brand new in the box. i paid 450 so i'm asking 350. pm for more info.

Love your truck man. Really makes me regret not going grey, especially after realizing how hard this black is to take care of.
I appreciate that. I've had black and regretted it each time I had to clean it. This color doesn't show dirt much but, it took a while for me to warm up to it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Archived