Who's got Fender Flares ?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/24/2017 at 10:31 AM, AGMthing said:

Bushwhacker flares ... obviously painted to match. 4192782b767fed0ffc0c890c9d518a7f.jpg10fa59001a508ecd24ff428276fbf4b0.jpg0ac09c5aa7a3fa9e10d583cf53059207.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just out of curiosity, what did it cost you to get yours painted?

I've checked around me and the cheapest I've found is $400. Seems a bit high, but what do I know?

I like those wheels. Did you buy them locally or order them online?
Thanks! I ordered them online through Mr.WheelDeal. Black Rhino Warlords if you go looking for them.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Texas_Native said:

Thanks! I ordered them online through Mr.WheelDeal. Black Rhino Warlords if you go looking for them.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Not sure I am waiting on a set to come in right now to stick on a 17

Any updates on this bro? Just noticed another rock chip lol. Would like to order soon, are you in California? Socal ? Just wondering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, arkenzo said:

Any updates on this bro? Just noticed another rock chip lol. Would like to order soon, are you in California? Socal ? Just wondering.

I still have the flares sitting on the cabinet at work lol. The truck was "supposed" to be here that day!  I'm in SoCar... South Carolina lol.

I too am interested in fender flares. I was going to purchase EGR painted Bolt on look fender flares but afraid of the whole rubbing issue. Any easy fixes to that? 

What rubbing issues? I'm also getting bolt on look and painted to match.. Just waiting on Tyga fit before making my decision on which brand

18 hours ago, arkenzo said:

What rubbing issues? I'm also getting bolt on look and painted to match.. Just waiting on Tyga fit before making my decision on which brand

I had rubbing where the gasket is on top. At 75-80 could see them flutter and started to rub. I pulled tops away and used black rtv silicone under gasket. No more movement so rubbing stopped. 

9 hours ago, arkenzo said:

Fenders would rub sand and whatever against the truck. Pretty much like a sand paper effect. Google fender flares rubbing and you’ll see some people have issues with it. Just wondering if there’s an easy quick fix to avoid that

19 hours ago, Silverado17 said:

Fenders would rub sand and whatever against the truck. Pretty much like a sand paper effect. Google fender flares rubbing and you’ll see some people have issues with it. Just wondering if there’s an easy quick fix to avoid that

I’ve had Bushwacker extend-a-flares (1.25”) on my truck for about 3 years.  I took them to a body shop and had them color matched. Yes they will grind dirt on the fender. The only cure I can think of is to clear film the fender first. I don’t care, since these will go with the truck when sold. http://www.bushwacker.com/search-results/make-model-year/2014-gmc-sierra-1500

7 hours ago, Spurshot said:

I’ve had Bushwacker extend-a-flares (1.25”) on my truck for about 3 years.  I took them to a body shop and had them color matched. Yes they will grind dirt on the fender. The only cure I can think of is to clear film the fender first. I don’t care, since these will go with the truck when sold. http://www.bushwacker.com/search-results/make-model-year/2014-gmc-sierra-1500

Ahh gotcha. I’m more afraid of it eventually rusting.  I emailed EGR and they said theirs won’t rub unlike bushwacker. Not sure how true that is

11 hours ago, Silverado17 said:

Ahh gotcha. I’m more afraid of it eventually rusting.  I emailed EGR and they said theirs won’t rub unlike bushwacker. Not sure how true that is

Where I’ve noticed them moving away from the fender was at the car wash blow dryer. They reall get to vibrating. 

Saw these type flares removed on YouTube and the fender underneath was rusted through. Might be ok on Sierras with the plastic wheel arch cover but the Chevy, idk. I do like the flared look but hate to rust out my fenders but I live in the south with very little snow so salt wouldn’t be a problem 

2 hours ago, FIREBLADE74 said:

Saw these type flares removed on YouTube and the fender underneath was rusted through. Might be ok on Sierras with the plastic wheel arch cover but the Chevy, idk. I do like the flared look but hate to rust out my fenders but I live in the south with very little snow so salt wouldn’t be a problem 

Yeah south Texas here but the point of flares is to protect paint. Not cut right through it lol. Guess the only solution is clear film where the fender and body meets. Thing is, what film? 

Archived