Adaptive flapper valve replacement

18 hours ago, bgbdwlf2500 said:

when I had a flowmaster put on (just the muffler) I didn't like how loud and noticeable the difference was when afm kicked in. then I saw the oil consumption issues posts and just went ahead and disabled it. look into the range module, if I'm not mistaken its not traceable and all it does is disable afm

From what I've read, most tuners don't leave any trace and you can, and should, reset the factory settings before taking it to the dealership to have any work done.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, ElJefeBlanco said:

From what I've read, most tuners don't leave any trace and you can, and should, reset the factory settings before taking it to the dealership to have any work done.

This true? I thought the dealer can see how many times the system was flashed.

Say your system has been flashed 10 times and only 3 have been for service. They would know somethings up and could deny your warranty. I am not stating this as fact, just what I've read on here before and would like more clarification if this is true or not.

29 minutes ago, EPIC CAJUN said:

This true? I thought the dealer can see how many times the system was flashed.

Say your system has been flashed 10 times and only 3 have been for service. They would know somethings up and could deny your warranty. I am not stating this as fact, just what I've read on here before and would like more clarification if this is true or not.

14-17 do leave a trace   if it's been messed with Chevy can see it

Fireblade74, Yesterday I had installed the gm performance exhaust by Borla complete from the cat back on my 18 Highcountry 6.2L.

Being the factory exhaust, it has the flapper valve and is covered by their warranty. 

There is no drone and at highway speeds you barly hear it in the cab until you stick your foot in it.

They might still have it unless  someone snatched it up.

12 hours ago, Donziman said:

Fireblade74, Yesterday I had installed the gm performance exhaust by Borla complete from the cat back on my 18 Highcountry 6.2L.

Being the factory exhaust, it has the flapper valve and is covered by their warranty. 

There is no drone and at highway speeds you barly hear it in the cab until you stick your foot in it.

They might still have it unless  someone snatched it up.

Thanks but I have the 5.3 DC.

Where are u located?

On 12/20/2017 at 8:17 AM, Nasty said:

14-17 do leave a trace   if it's been messed with Chevy can see it

FWIW:

There is a TSB for this, which consists of an explanation to the gm techs on how to determine if an aftermarket component  (like a tune, I assume) was installed.  

I believe this is the reference:

TSB#:  PIP-3140-G

I can't see the whole TSB, without a subscription, but was doing a general TSB browsing session using Google, after I bought my truck.

1 minute ago, Largely Unknown said:

FWIW:

There is a TSB for this, which consists of an explanation to the gm techs on how to determine if an aftermarket component  (like a tune, I assume) was installed.  

I believe this is the reference:

TSB#:  PIP-3140-G

I can't see the whole TSB, without a subscription, but was doing a general TSB browsing session using Google, after I bought my truck.

I have no idea what that means 

That TSB (PIP-3140-G) seems to refer to physical add-ons, such as bug deflectors or nerf bars.

However, from a gm diesel forum I follow, people there report that GM has/will void the powertrain warranty if it has been tuned, regardless of what the tune is, and they can tell if you have tuned it, and then uninstalled the tune prior to having it over to the dealer.  It is highly likely that GM does the same for gas engines as well.

On 12/30/2017 at 9:36 AM, Largely Unknown said:

Then look it up and provide better info.  

My info is I have 3 of these trucks. 2 that are tuned and I know most of the people at my local Chevy dealership.   I traded a 2015 in for a 16 and they said they seen the tune in the truck even though I didn't say anything.    

Second I brought my regular cab in because I was having a tick issue.   They wouldn't warranty it because of the tune 

It was flashed back to stock.    As for the tick.  Soon after I had my afm shut off it stopped. So I don't really know what it was but it's gone now

What brand tune where you using?  I have 1 yr left on the GM powertrain and I'm close to saying screw it.  I bought my truck and have an extended warranty for 4 more yrs through Carmax so who knows how that will go.  I doubt they'll be as stringent so it'll be time to rock n roll.

Archived