Bolt On Performance Upgrades

I am interested bolt on's to increase horsepower...... Should I add the cold air induction, cat forward headers, and cat back dual exhaust all at one time or is it best to incrementally add-on.  Also with respect to cat back dual exhaust, can the BORLA system be configured to have "split rear exit behind each tire or can a second tip be added on the left side of the spare tire to mimic the factory single exhaust exit location? 

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

airaid jr kit best bang for your buck as far as intakes go. Even leaving the stock air filter isnt power robbing either as long as you keep it fresh. I run the KN filter in the summer and the factory filter in the winter. They are the same from the 2014 silverado to tahoes, to yukons, to suburbans...etc. I have continued to cross mine over from 14 to my 16 silverado and now on to my 18 suburban.

Edited by rxnotec

On 6/5/2018 at 10:27 PM, rxnotec said:

airaid jr kit best bang for your buck as far as intakes go. Even leaving the stock air filter isnt power robbing either as long as you keep it fresh. I run the KN filter in the summer and the factory filter in the winter. They are the same from the 2014 silverado to tahoes, to yukons, to suburbans...etc. I have continued to cross mine over from 14 to my 16 silverado and now on to my 18 suburban.

This is interesting as some brands of CAI’s offer 1 part for the full-size trucks and SUV’s while others offer 2 different intakes specific to either the full size truck or SUV.

I would start off with a tune...CAI, headers, exhaust are best paired with a good tune. I installed a Trifecta tune on my Tahoe a couple of weeks ago. Couldn’t be happier, plus I can shut the O2 monitoring off whenever I install the headers later on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have always felt that the automatic transmission is holding my rig back. The engine can produce far more power and RPM's that what I would be willing to deliver to my trans. Performance upgrades would be of no use, unless I had a manual transmission - then I would definitely want more power. 

18ba948363fe44f4043a81b45a04fb92.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2018 at 2:00 PM, Franjimo24 said:

Our trannies can handle a couple of bolt on power mods. They just need a better tune.

I would agree.  I wouldn’t start worrying too much about the transmission unless we were talking about a more serious power adder; boost, big cam, Nitrous...

My transmission in my old truck handle 300HP bump with just a shift kit, it even had a stall for 80K miles. Now days you just need to reduce TM. The posi rear is original at 112K. As long as you’re not drag racing every weekend they can handle it.