Steering Assist Reduced

Yep, Last spring 2017 this happened to my 2015 sierra z71 4wd. Dealer replaced steering angle sensor and something else in the column.  fixed it for a few days and then i got a steering and stability control error. I took it to another dealer because i was unsatisfied and they replaced the body control module under the seat and fixed it... until now.  I drove home tonight with no error messages, but same symptoms. heavy steering and the battery charging over 15 volts on the gauge burning smell from outside the vehicle when i parked it were my first clues something was up.  i expect another code to come soon.

of course now i'm over warranty but hope the parts still carry a 1 year warranty.  what a pain in the ass.  good luck. 

Started my truck this morning and the DIC says steering assist reduced drive with care. Won’t clear with a scanner. Anyone experience this and what was the fix?

Let us know when you get the DTC. We could point you in a direction after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search this forum for things like "electrical issue".  There are a bunch of threads with links to a PI that tells the Techs what to check.  One of the things in that PI talked about the G218 Ground that is under the front corner of the dash.  I fixed that and have not had the error issues on my truck since.

51 minutes ago, sk said:

Search this forum for things like "electrical issue".  There are a bunch of threads with links to a PI that tells the Techs what to check.  One of the things in that PI talked about the G218 Ground that is under the front corner of the dash.  I fixed that and have not had the error issues on my truck since.

I’ve seen that but I really thought that was for older models. Dealer fixed it this morning with a software update. 

Archived