IPAD Air2/pro 9.7 indash kit (Factory 8 inch retained)

I know that this isnt for everyone a d i also know that there are brackets you can buy that will hold the IPAD infront of the dash...i just like doing this kind of stuff. I made an IPAD Air2 indash kit that will allow your factory screen to exist amd function. All bluetooth, steering wheel control, backup camera, functions are alao retained. I made one before that I liked alot but it didnt allow for the factory screen to remain in place and i missed my back up camera. I liked the one the guy did on here with the mini also. Not having the factory nav and using my ipad for media anyway was kinda my driving force. The one pictured is the 1st one of this design that I made i made a better one but sold it 2 days after I put it in my truck. working on a third one now...hadnt seen this done in our trucks with the factory screen in place so I thought Id try.20171211_190510.thumb.jpg.e47b6b92490e248b781e6c3c2be00590.jpg

PhotoGrid_1513970731182.jpg

3 hours ago, bndawgs said:

wow, that's impressive.   how does the bracket integrate with the factory trim piece?  

The same way the regular screen does...the black factory trim piece is what I use to make it. the original bezel fiberglass and mdf wood is used to make the mount...so i retained all the factory mounting spots etc....so for example if I was to make you one you would just remove your screen from the back of the factory bezel put ur screen into the kit amd plug and play.

wow this is the best iPad integration with the stock system i have seen.great job.....

now if you wanted to take this to the next level.Would be to remove the factory screen completely and use the iPad for both.so on the iPad you could switch between factory touch screen setting and then back to the standard iPad functions.Or would this be hard to do?

Also the your system would work great with GM's 4G data plan.if you like stream a lot of video

Archived