2004 1500 crew cab thoughts

Hello all, I am looking at an 04 1500 crew cab 1500. It has about 130k on the clock but the body is nearly perfect. I'm wondering if there is anything I should look at, so far brake and fuel lines, rear door locks and the normal rust spots are on my list to look at.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I'm always leary of low mileage vehicles as they tend to be not taken care of. I bought my 2010 2 years ago with 103k, which is slightly high mileage but with the shape the truck was in I figured it was a good bet that it had regular oil changes, air filter changes, etc. I would shy away from it but that's just my .02

I'm always leary of low mileage vehicles as they tend to be not taken care of. I bought my 2010 2 years ago with 103k, which is slightly high mileage but with the shape the truck was in I figured it was a good bet that it had regular oil changes, air filter changes, etc. I would shy away from it but that's just my .02
Forgot to mention that I looked at the carfax for it, I don't really like carfax as I've seen serious errors on them but It showed oil changes at goid intervals. I kinda like the fact that there's zero rust and I live in central NY where salt tends to destroy vehicles long before they wear out. I hear what you're saying though.

Bought my '03 in September with 100K and no rust.  Look closely at the body.  After careful inspection, it was apparent mine was re-painted.  While they did a good paint job, they didn't do very good prep work.  Fenders and tailgate are starting to bubble already.  I bought it  mainly for hauling/towing so the good looking body was a bonus.  Not so much now, but oh well.  The problems of living in Northern states.

9 hours ago, scipiothompson said:

Went and looked atittoday during business hours. Yup the outside looks good but the inside has had a rough life...... I'm leaving it for the next guy.

and like I said, to me its too low of mileage to be beat up like that. if the interior wasn't taken care of the engine probably wasn't either. when I bought my 10 at 103k the interior was almost flawless, drivers side being more used for the obvious reason lol. back seats and carpet look brand new

Archived