Finally back into a truck, newb from CT

wrickster

It took me almost 2 1/2 years, but I was finally able to get back into a pickup after my 2004 Sierra 2500hd went up in flames one night.  The longest run without a having a pickup in forever.  I picked up a loaded 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT crew cab in white frost tri-coat.  I can believe the technology changes in the past 14 years.  I've been completely blown away by this new one and I'm looking forward to many years and miles to come with it...and of course, it not self immolating.  :)

cb103061cf28c7372f515787651_zpsd6laevz2.

d9eb05ad4a7106a9941e14bcd19_zps5ecneas9.

The old girl before and after my trip

IMAG0763_zps9qexbxou.jpg

IMAG1142_zpskldjt2nh.jpg

Thanks, I'm loving the new truck. 

The fire marshal said the point of origin was right over the gas tank.  About two weeks earlier I had a fuel line replaced that was leaking right were it came out of the fuel pump.  Come to find out the garage that did the repair used rubber hose instead of steel in the replacement so that was the likely culprit.  Woke me up at 3am.  Fortunately I was tired having driven home 6 hours so I didn't finish unloading the truck so I didn't put it in the garage.  The fire marshal said that if it was another foot closer to the house, it would have gone, let alone if it were actually IN the garage under the bedrooms.  As it was it burned off the siding and melted the garage door.  Thank God no one was hurt, stuff can be replaced...just took a while.  :)   

20 minutes ago, gmcleer said:

It looks like you took great care of the 2004.  I'm sure that new beauty is going to last you a long time.  Congrats!!!!

Yeah, that truck was awesome.  Only had 82k miles.  Sad to see it destroyed  I think the only thing salvageable on it were the axles...maybe the tranny.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...