3500 HD Towing capacity?

I've been looking around trying to find out what the towing capacity is for a 3500HD 4x4 6.6 and I'm having a hard time trying to pin it down. I upgraded last year from a 1500 to a 2500HD and now it looks like I may have to move up again to haul a 5th wheel. You may ask why I didn't buy a 3500 from the get go? Plans change and I didn't envision ever needing a 5th wheel.

What I'm looking at is a toyhauler that's in the unloaded weight range of 15-16K# and sticking my RZR 4 seater in it. I don't think I'll ever eclipse 20K# but with all the tanks full, it's possible.

I found this for a 3500 towing guide, but it doesn't specify 2wd, 4wd, single, or dually only 6.0 and 6.6.   I came from the ford camp when I bought my 1500 and have loved it and my 2500. But...that being said, if I can haul more with a single rear axle 4x4 Ford (dirty work I know), I may be going back. :(

http://www.gmc.com/trailering-towing/towing-charts

Order guide shows:

2018 3500 6.6 DRW 4wd crew 5th wheel/gooseneck - 22,700 lb trailer rating, 31,300 GCWR

(all 6.6's will be 3.73's)

SRW version of same truck is quite a bit less at 17,000

and a 2500 6.6 4wd crew longbox shows  14,500

On 2/8/2018 at 4:18 PM, carkhz316 said:

Holy crap. That empty trailer weighs 15k-16K?

edit, nm, realized it must be a camper/ toy hauler combo. 

Yes a toy hauler. This is the one I'm after. 

Yes a toy hauler. This is the one I'm after. 

If you don’t mind me asking. How much does something end up costing. I see they dropped 30k which looks like a markup. But what’s an on the road type of price. My wife and I want a toy hauler of some sort just to be able to have a deck for the dogs and also move golf cart or other small vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 1:54 AM, Waaazooo said:

If you don’t mind me asking. How much does something end up costing. I see they dropped 30k which looks like a markup. But what’s an on the road type of price. My wife and I want a toy hauler of some sort just to be able to have a deck for the dogs and also move golf cart or other small vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT is really the big question.  We haven't decided on a specific model, but we have decided that we will be getting toyhauler.  

In the meantime, I did get my new ( to me) truck. 16 high country, 1 owner (very well taken care of) 21,780 miles, and already had the 5th wheel hitch installed. ?

20180219_172201.jpg

Archived