2012 GMC Sierra Denali Rear LED Bulbs

So, I've had my 2012 GMC Sierra Denali Since October of 2017 had have driven it less than 1,000 miles. So I decided to add LED light bulbs to the rear tail lights and thought I would share the installation. I strive for a "clean" look and I think I did it with the way I mounted the resistors. What I found easier was instead of "grounding" the resistor to the ground lead in the harness, I just mounted directly to the body.   Hope everyone enjoys the post! I hope to increase my knowledge from this forum.

led pic 3.jpg

led pic 6.jpg

led pic 7.jpg

led pic 8.jpg

16 hours ago, Reitan said:

So, I've had my 2012 GMC Sierra Denali Since October of 2017 had have driven it less than 1,000 miles. So I decided to add LED light bulbs to the rear tail lights and thought I would share the installation. I strive for a "clean" look and I think I did it with the way I mounted the resistors. What I found easier was instead of "grounding" the resistor to the ground lead in the harness, I just mounted directly to the body.   Hope everyone enjoys the post! I hope to increase my knowledge from this forum.

led pic 3.jpg

led pic 6.jpg

led pic 7.jpg

led pic 8.jpg

Looks good, definitely cleaner than the install I did. those resistors get super hot, hot enough to melt wires so make sure they aren't touching anything that will melt. I ended up taking all the leds back out due to the fact that they don't last long. I was buying the cheap ones but I see a lot of burned out leds on the road, factory or not.

I agree with the resistors getting hot. Being a electronics geek in my younger years, I added heat sink compound to the back of the resistors to transfer the heat. 

led pic 1.jpg

Archived