Payton34

2019 Sierra will have identical Silverado interior

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/2019-gmc-sierra-spy-shots-2/#slide-endcap

Finally spy shots of the Sierra interior and unfortunately the dash is the same as the Silverado except for some different knobs.  I think my biggest issue with the new interior is the center console is no longer reconfigurable like it is know and is is lower than before.  There looks to be no storage in front of the cup holders since it is all taken up by a wireless charging pad.

Yep... I'm a bit disappointed.. I really prefer the layout on my '15 - I was also very disappointed to see a key and not push start. I never really thought it was that big of a deal, but after driving the wife's Highlander a few times, keyless is a very nice option to have... especially considering my trucks MSRP was nearly double her's. I really think they dropped the ball on this one..  hoping this might just be a "mule" and the production trucks will offer it ..  but I doubt it. 

8 minutes ago, Chainesaw said:

Yep... I'm a bit disappointed.. I really prefer the layout on my '15 - I was also very disappointed to see a key and not push start.

Am sure it is a trim level thing. The Silverado High Country has it. So maybe SLT & Denali will have push button. 

1 hour ago, Payton34 said:

https://www.autoblog.com/photos/2019-gmc-sierra-spy-shots-2/#slide-endcap

Finally spy shots of the Sierra interior and unfortunately the dash is the same as the Silverado except for some different knobs.  I think my biggest issue with the new interior is the center console is no longer reconfigurable like it is know and is is lower than before.  There looks to be no storage in front of the cup holders since it is all taken up by a wireless charging pad.

Only dislike I can see is the center console is lower, and its a lot less storage, for example in my 2014 you can move the cup holders ahead or back and its a huge hiding hole underneath... also the rear doors has less storage in the doors, no cup holder on the door's anymore.

Saw this coming...not sure why there is much surprise...

There will be differences in materials of course however.

On 2/22/2018 at 5:17 PM, silveradonationfan15 said:

Only dislike I can see is the center console is lower, and its a lot less storage, for example in my 2014 you can move the cup holders ahead or back and its a huge hiding hole underneath... also the rear doors has less storage in the doors, no cup holder on the door's anymore.

15 was the last year for the moveable cup holder