16+ GMC Sierra 1500 Front End Conversion for 14-15

After some research I was unable to locate a thread on a 2016+ Sierra front conversion, so figured I would put one together for anyone interested! I know this conversion isn't for everyone due to resale value, costs, what the VIN says, and so fourth. Personally I love the iridium metallic and the options I have, so coming to terms with locating a 16 Iridium AT didn't make sense.  I began with the headlights a few months back due to the lack of light output on the stock 14-15 lights, after a bit of time the 16+ trucks began to grow on me more and more.

Let me start by saying..finding used 16-18 parts is challenging, the bumper being the hardest in my opinion. After a few months of sourcing parts, I was able to acquire everything at significant price differences over new. Minus the 16-18 headlights, the conversion cost me right around $1,800 said and done. Still having all the original 15 parts, I should be able to recoup a bit of that back. As for the 16+ Silverado conversion, more is required to be changed then the Sierra. From doing the swap I found that I needed less then I originally thought. As of right now I don't have working fogs, but that shouldn't be an issue. Unfortunately, the harness is on national back order.

Parts Required for Bumper Conversion (see pics below)

-Complete Bumper Assy (including brackets, fog lights, lower valance, harness)

-Upper Top Pad

-Sight Shield

-New Grille (Chrome, All Terrain, Denali..)

*Green boxes are required purchase parts

*Yellow boxes are optional purchase or modification of old part

*Red boxes are parts not needed

*You will have to locate 4 retainers for the grille, these are already pre drilled, As for everything else, it goes together like a breeze!

(16+ Headlight Conversion) please see post below:

(Bumper Assy) I didn't use either of the yellow items in the photo below, I trimmed the old side retainers down roughly 3mm

to accommodate new top pad:

1.thumb.png.a82d23bb7a79332d05e6869827cc73da.png

2.thumb.png.73b0ea62a4519aeac02d680fd6bfad1a.png

(Wheel Moldings) As for the wheel moldings, I trimmed just shy of 1.5" on them and sanded down to save on costs:

4.thumb.png.07f463999bef5e9ed2089527fd92d1b9.png

3.thumb.png.6b62959df17227b5b8a37a4407e00238.png

IMG_0177.thumb.JPG.db0dca7c5f8f5f09bf4e3833d32cef13.JPGIMG_1134.thumb.JPG.12d68a245c184954173f9f003c6a3764.JPG

Edited by 15SierraAT
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Andres Elizondo said:

WOW awesome job dude! What if i only want the grill and headlights of the 2018 on my 2014? Do I need to change to bumper too ao the grill can fit? Or it isn’t necessary? Thanks in advance!

The headlights will work on a 14-15 body style with a correct harness no problem. The link on that thread is up above. As for the grill, that will require the entire swap above as the 16-18 grill is larger than the older model.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 12/29/2018 at 12:20 PM, midwestdenaliguy said:

I have a 16 so don't need to do this, but wanted to say this is an amazing write up. Guys like you make jobs like this easy. Nice work!

Thanks for the support!