2017 Silverado amp install

Hi all. I am trying to install an amp for my truck. I bought a line in converter that I amp trying to tap into the rear door speaker. Does anyone know what color the speaker wires are, maybe have a diagram. I’ve looked all over the internet with no luck. I’m trying to avoid taking the door panel off. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all. I am trying to install an amp for my truck. I bought a line in converter that I amp trying to tap into the rear door speaker. Does anyone know what color the speaker wires are, maybe have a diagram. I’ve looked all over the internet with no luck. I’m trying to avoid taking the door panel off. Thanks

They’re usually in the “B” pillar and they’ll be twisted together.

20c246d370b6dd50bfce530c23f3ab19.jpg

That’s from directechs.

For what it's worth, I tapped the rear speakers at the harness coming out of the stereo in the dash (behind the touch screen) and ran amp cables from there along the passenger side.  Just a thought.

For what it's worth, I tapped the rear speakers at the harness coming out of the stereo in the dash (behind the touch screen) and ran amp cables from there along the passenger side.  Just a thought.

Thanks!!

I have bose speakers, but no subwoofer

I was under the impression if you had bose it has a sub under the center console. I believe bose and non bose both have an amp on the back wall though. Idk if they kept that to be true in the 2017.

27 minutes ago, Ichie123 said:

I was under the impression if you had bose it has a sub under the center console. I believe bose and non bose both have an amp on the back wall though. Idk if they kept that to be true in the 2017.

Bose with a center console has a sub, no sub on Bose with jumpseat. All  Bose have amps, non Bose have no amps so the speakers are powered by the radio.

• Like 1

Bose with a center console has a sub, no sub on Bose with jumpseat. All  Bose have amps, non Bose have no amps so the speakers are powered by the radio.

The amp is at the back of the rear seat you say?

18 minutes ago, kfred92 said:

The amp is at the back of the rear seat you say?

Yes, it's on the passenger side towards the bottom. If you flip the seat up you should be able to look under at the back wall and see it behind the carpet. 

Bose - tap into speakers on the back wall on the amp

Non Bose - tap into wires behind the radio screen

Theres a few vids on youtube that show where to tap into the wires and how to run a power wire on the K2's, but for some reason my computer wont copy the links....

Edited by cbrsilv15
  • Like 1

Bose - tap into speakers on the back wall on the amp
Non Bose - tap into wires behind the radio screen

Theres a few vids on youtube that show where to tap into the wires and how to run a power wire on the K2's, but for some reason my computer wont copy the links....

Thanks