2016 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 Wireless Charging

Hello,  I have a wireless charging pad that came with my truck that is mounted in the center console arm rest.  The pad itself has a bezel or lip on either side of the pad that raises my iphone 8 plus just enough to where it will not make contact with the flat surface of the pad.  Does anyone know of a fix for this?  Thanks!

pad.png.4771eec2f3ea3861266679dd4b9c95af.png

I could be wrong, but i swear I remember reading that the wireless charging in these trucks do not have enough wattage to charge an iPhone. You have to put a 2018 Module in (around $90) and purchase a plug and play harness. Here is a link:

My question is... if we do the module, even though the phone won't lay flat, will it still charge it? Because I have an iPhone 8 Plus as well and it's pretty wide... it almost lays flat, but not quite. This may be a question for @pgamboa

Edited by 99Mastercraft

I replaced the charging module in my 2017. I have an iPhone X and charging won’t work if the phone isn’t flat on the pad. Have to remove my lifeproof case if I want to wireless charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok.. with an iPhone 8 Plus and the 2018 module, the phone will charge but it will be raised slightly on one side because the phone is too wide for the mat/bezel trim. The iPhone 8 Plus must be out of its case.

If you do not have a 2018 module, none of the iPhones will charge (iPhone 8/X).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

I just purchased a 2016 GMC Sierra from Carmax and I am having this issue with my Samsung s9. Is switching out the charging module I can/should do or should I have Carmax do it since it is still under their warranty?