Morimoto Silverado Spec kit

I am looking to buy the morimoto Silverado Spec hid kit for my 15 LTZ.  Those of you who have installed these on the Silverado, did you run into issues with the bulbs/plugs being too long for the dust caps to fit back on?  Seems like it was an issue brought up in the huge HID thread, but i haven't seen any posts about it in a while.  Can anyone who's done the install let me know?  I know, a hole needs drilled for the wiring and grommet, but I'm not looking to have to hack up or extend the caps. 

Thanks!

Edited by MegaCode360

I had mine done on my 14, and they definitely had to cut the dust cap. Ended up ordering the extended dust caps off of shapeways and drilled a hole through them.

Thanks for the replies guys!  Diasapponting that a kit billed as Silverado Spec isn't actually speced for the Silverado!  Those extended caps are nice but the price tag isn't!

If you are just doing the hid kit that included the bulbs and wiring harness it will fit no problem. You already have the projector headlights I assume being a LTZ. I did the low beam kit in my 14 High Country, and only had to drill a hope for the harness. No hacking of the cover or extend ones. I love the kit in my pickup, I did the LED fog lights as well. Huge improvement!

1 hour ago, drentlaw1 said:

If you are just doing the hid kit that included the bulbs and wiring harness it will fit no problem. You already have the projector headlights I assume being a LTZ. I did the low beam kit in my 14 High Country, and only had to drill a hope for the harness. No hacking of the cover or extend ones. I love the kit in my pickup, I did the LED fog lights as well. Huge improvement!

Did you have the morimoto kit?

3 hours ago, cjlet said:

I had mine done on my 14, and they definitely had to cut the dust cap. Ended up ordering the extended dust caps off of shapeways and drilled a hole through them.

Did you have projector retrofits installed or just the bulbs and hid kit and kept your standard headlight housing/projector?

6 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

Did you have projector retrofits installed or just the bulbs and hid kit and kept your standard headlight housing/projector?

I did have Projector retrofits done. Much better light output in my opinion than the stock projectors.

i have the Morimoto HID kit for my 14 sierra with stock projectors, no issues, dust caps went back on after drilling the hole, very nicely put together kit. Output is awesome.

Maybe get the sierra kit? Should be the same i would think

Edited by Ozer

The Spec'd kit still uses a standard HID bulb and fits just fine under the dust cap on the LTZ projector, LTZ replicas by Eagle Eyes, Winjets or the reflector housings for that matter just fine with nothing but a 1" hole for the harness pass thru. I do a 3/4" hole for a tighter fit. The only thing that makes it Spec'd are the caps for anti flicker and an HD harness. I added my own caps to a standard Morimoto kit with HD harness to make my own Spec'd kit. I am confused about why anyone has had an issue putting an HID bulb in any K2XX housing and not have the dust cap fit back on. Maybe LED is what OP is thinking of cause many of  the LED bulbs can cause dust cap fitment issues. Or if doing a retro like adding the FXR for example, there might be a fitment issue.

IMG_20180410_190156541.jpg

IMG_20180410_184019563 (1).jpg

Edited by Rambodog
Grammar

Thanks for the answers!  I had just been reading thru the long HID thread on here and some people were saying they couldn't get the caps back on.  Sounds like they probably did retrofits.  I just wanted to see the consensus before I buy the kit.

Edited by MegaCode360