Just installed HIDs...question

Just installed the morimoto hid kit on my 15 Silverado.  Just a couple questions.  During the day when I unlock my truck the HIDs come on with the Amber flashes.  It didn't do this during the day with the halogens, only at night.  Is this normal?  Also, after I lock the truck twice (horn beeps), they stay on for a few seconds before shutting off.  Also normal with HIDs?  I think I remember the halogens shutting down right away. 

Other than these changes, the kit works and looks great!

Edited by MegaCode360

Do not have answer to your questions but I would recommend shutting off auto on/off headlights in your vehicle settings.   The igniters will fail sooner than later.  I have an SLT GMC and I manually turn off the headlights before turning on my truck when in garage or other dark parking spaces when it is still daytime.  Have read lights cycling on than off quickly leads to problems.

8 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

Just installed the morimoto hid kit on my 15 Silverado.  Just a couple questions.  During the day when I unlock my truck the HIDs come on with the Amber flashes.  It didn't do this during the day with the halogens, only at night.  Is this normal?  Also, after I lock the truck twice (horn beeps), they stay on for a few seconds before shutting off.  Also normal with HIDs?  I think I remember the halogens shutting down right away. 

Just recently put some Winjet projector headlights on my 14 Silverado with a set of LEDs. I do remember that the lights would stay on after I locked my truck and the horn beeped back when I had my halogen bulbs. They still do after installing the LEDs. I don’t remember if my lights would turn on during the day when I had the halogens installed.

12 hours ago, MegaCode360 said:

Did the dust cover fit back on ?? what blub's did you go with 4500 or 5500 ??

11 hours ago, NitroDatsik said:

Ballast buzzing is probably cus you are missing canbus error cancellers.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

No I installed the included capacitor link that is supposed to take care of that.

35w or 55w?  I've heard the 55w buzz a lot louder and it is normal.  35w buzz, but very suttle, might not even hear those.  if you got them from TRS then call them and ask.