2018 Silverado: getting through the firewall

I am installing a ham radio and I need to run some high-current wiring and an antenna feed through the firewall into the engine compartment.  I'd very much like not to have to drill holes if I can avoid it.  Are there any existing ports for this kind of thing?  How would I go about finding them?

Thanks!

Edited by Goliathan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After bouts of frustration (and more than a little swearing) I was able to get what I need into the cabin through the other route pointed out in this thread:

Worked for me.  Sadly, it worked a little too well.  My old fish tape popped through the hole fast and chipped a tiny bit of paint from the forward edge of the driver's side door.  Dang.  Touch up paint will be here Friday.

Thanks for all the help!

• 2 years later...
On 6/4/2018 at 1:04 AM, reihart said:

Drivers side

gmc firewall.jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm doing the same thing and can't for the life of me visualize where this will come out in the passenger compartment. I've taken the inside fuse block cover and knee bolster off, but where the other side of that nipple grommet is located seems hopelessly buried under dividers, panels, etc.  Any thoughts? Thanks!

...R

PS Thanks for the picture; you've gotten me half way there!

• 3 years later...