2018 Sierra tpms programming

I changed my wheels on my 2018 Sierra and I Just wanted to let everyone know that the el-50448 tool works to program the sensors. I bought the cheapest one on amazon and it worked perfectly.

Edited by Gagliano7
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Was it https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-EL-50448-Pressure-Monitor-Activation/dp/B072BK693N/ that you wound up getting? I just bought a 2018 Silverado and read in this forum about the need for one of these tools when it comes time to  do the tire rotation.  I expect if what you bought works for the 2018 Sierra, it will work on my 2018 Silverado.

Edited by mopac
  • Like 1

did you install  new sensors, or just reprogram your originals?

I am looking to get another set of sensors to put in my aftermarket wheels. it would be super convenient if I could just use a TPMS tool and reprogram based on which set of wheels I have on the truck

On 9/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, mopac said:

Was it https://www.amazon.com/VXDAS-EL-50448-Pressure-Monitor-Activation/dp/B072BK693N/ that you wound up getting? I just bought a 2018 Silverado and read in this forum about the need for one of these tools when it comes time to  do the tire rotation.  I expect if what you bought works for the 2018 Sierra, it will work on my 2018 Silverado.

That is a similar one mine was green but same model #.

On 9/9/2018 at 8:56 AM, kylant said:

did you install  new sensors, or just reprogram your originals?

I am looking to get another set of sensors to put in my aftermarket wheels. it would be super convenient if I could just use a TPMS tool and reprogram based on which set of wheels I have on the truck

The new rims have new sensors so it works on both.