Whirring sounds

Since my 2017 Silverado Z71 was new when I open the drivers door I hear a whirring sound coming from the rear under the bed. It goes on for about 5 seconds and I haven’t even put the key in. The truck runs fine but always wondered what this is. 

This is the first vehicle I’ve ever owned that makes that kind of racket.  

Ditto switching to high beams.   Sounds like coffee cans dropping on the hood.

Yes, I’ve mostly (lately but not exclusively) owned foreign makes...

Edited by Boardmember

Hmm interesting. To me the fuel pump sound gives me peace of mind that the tank fuel pump is functioning correctly. I guess if it really irritated someone they could probably have some sound deadening material applied around the the top of the fuel tank to stop it? That is really weird on the coffee can dropping on the hood sound, none of my later generation trucks have done that 2014 -2016-2017 nor this 2018. Might want to take that truck in and have that checked? 

Pull your truck into the garage and cut it off.   Open your door and flash your brights.

While in for service (oil, rotate) I asked about it.  Advisor had not noted that before and went to check a couple others.   Came back, said they all did it.  Ok.   I can live with it if it’s supposed to do that.  Same with the fuel pump.   

Refined noises, they’re not.