Oil or Paint?

CadillacLuke24

Clyde is coming up on 3 years old, so he's showing a few signs of aging, though rather few. The primary area of concern is minor surface rust, in spots, on the frame. The wax has done surprisingly well to protect the frame, but there have been a couple spots where it has worn off or worn thin. I'm looking to undercoat, and am trying to decide between paint (Chassis Saver or POR 15) and oil (Quaker State Ultimate Durability 0W-20 :D ) . Daryl has had great work with Chassis Saver, so that is a valid option. On the other hand, oil is free (I'll just use it after I drain it) and it's been proven. The frame crossmember beneath the oil filter gets COATED every change, and it looks great. I thought I would solicit your guys' opinion before proceeding. Thank you guys

Thank you for the suggestions guys!

Ziebart isn't in my area. Certainly something I will look into, though I'm looking more for something from the DIY approach. 

My warranty has LONG ago expired, and I'm not sure if the spots that are showing would be covered anyway. Just cleared 75k this morning. 

I really like that amsoil stuff, the handy thing with that is I could spray it into every nook and cranny for maximum coverage. 

Thank you again for the imput. I'm glad I asked :thumbs:

• Like 1