2018 Yukon Denali 6.2L V8 Hesitation?

Anybody out there dealing with a hesitation when moderately accelerating... my 2018 Denali equipped with the 6.2 L V8, 10 speed tranny feels like a cylinder is misfiring at times. Its driving me nuts! Of course the dealer says nothing is wrong! And I've been monitoring if it happens when it is trying to conserve fuel, (only running on 4 cylinders.), not the case!

If they could not re-produce it maybe you could have the Service Manager or Service Tech ride with you so you can show them specifically what issue you are having. You could also talk to your sales person if you have a good relationship and ask through him to speak to the GM for the Dealership. I would also request to take another 2018 for a ride and see if it has the same issue which I am sure it will not. And last you could do a search for a Lemon Law attorney in your area who will usually work for free until the settlement and see what kind of reaction you get from GM. You paid way too much money to not be happy. Be professional but don't back down either or give up. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

cold trans works differently than when warmer, probly more of an engine ECU / programming thing than anything in the AT. I notice slower shifts when the car is cold, but I take this to mean the car is programmed to be gentle to the TC when the car is cold and you don't need to really punch it. Then and only then do I notice a hesitation. When warm, I don't notice this. I want to believe this is programmed hardware protection by GM.

In my mind, if you get on the throttle and it misbehaves, then you have a problem, until then, it is just trying to be smooth or economical, or searching for the next gear, or something...

2018 Yukon Denali

• 10 months later...
On 19/07/2018 at 1:15 PM, buzzys18YukonDenali said:

Anybody out there dealing with a hesitation when moderately accelerating... my 2018 Denali equipped with the 6.2 L V8, 10 speed tranny feels like a cylinder is misfiring at times. Its driving me nuts! Of course the dealer says nothing is wrong! And I've been monitoring if it happens when it is trying to conserve fuel, (only running on 4 cylinders.), not the case!

I suspect the 10 speed transmission ecu may need an update.  This is common issue pops up everytime  a new transmission with more gears is released.  I would follow up with the dealer for campaign  updates once enough  people complain keep it documented. Search many forums for similar  complaints see how others get it resolved. Also a reset to the learning  in the ecu might solve it