Cluster visor

So I have a basic cluster visor without the leather dash but I’m wondering how it would look if I just replaced the cluster visor with a black leather cluster visor? What do you guys think? Has anyone done this mod yet even?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

The dash is the one feature that tips the scales for me when the choice is between a SLE and a LT.  This modification could be enough to level this selection process.  How difficult was the switch and what was the cost?

The dash is the one feature that tips the scales for me when the choice is between a SLE and a LT.  This modification could be enough to level this selection process.  How difficult was the switch and what was the cost?

Very very simple. Grab your cluster hood and pull up releasing the clips that hold it in, then pop on the new on. It was $60 on eBay because the stitching was discolored so I took resolve and cleaned it new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!  As an aside, I don't dislike the look of the plain dash on the less expensive trim levels of the Silverado.  The fact that they only put the "stitched" version on the higher trim levels and Sierras makes this look more desirable.   If the plain dash was only available on the Denali and High Country and promoted as a sleek trim level option then....

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 10:36 AM, Donstar said:

Thanks!  As an aside, I don't dislike the look of the plain dash on the less expensive trim levels of the Silverado.  The fact that they only put the "stitched" version on the higher trim levels and Sierras makes this look more desirable.   If the plain dash was only available on the Denali and High Country and promoted as a sleek trim level option then....

The "plain" dash is also hard plastic while the "stitched" dash is soft-touch (padded) material.

P.S. -- The OP's upgrade is only for the visor section above the gauges.  To switch out the entire top dash to the soft-touch one you need to tear the whole dash apart (either pgamboa or Justin101714 did this and has pictures in another thread).

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hey guys!! I've been screening Ebay for one of these since I read this post originally.  I finally snagged one at a nice price and it's on the way. Does anyone know of a video on how to remove and reinstall the cluster visor hood. An above post described it but just would like some more detail so I dont booger something up in the process. Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Jason23 said:

Hey guys!! I've been screening Ebay for one of these since I read this post originally.  I finally snagged one at a nice price and it's on the way. Does anyone know of a video on how to remove and reinstall the cluster visor hood. An above post described it but just would like some more detail so I dont booger something up in the process. Any thoughts welcome! Thanks!

Watch this, it's part of the cluster swap...VERY, VERY easy! At about 2 minutes into the video.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=denali+cluster+in+an+slt&&view=detail&mid=401B1799865166EC9F0C401B1799865166EC9F0C&&FORM=VRDGAR

Edited by SS502
  • Thanks 1