Will tires fit?

I have a 2016 sierra 1/2 ton Double cab and I'm getting new tires fairly soon.  My stock size is 265 65 18 . So my options increase quite a bit if I change the size to 275 65 18.  That translates to ~+1/2"  in height and width.  How do I determine if they will fit with no issue?  Do I need to know the offset to figure this out.....and what # is that for the my stock set up.  I see a lot of online calculators for comparing tire size and vehicle fit and they seem to ask what the stock offset is.

I'm going to a LT tire....most likely the Firestone Destination AT (LT 275 65 18).  I'd like to just get it in Load range C, but E is the only available for this tire.  Very limited options.

Thanks in advance.

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, jauldusmc said:

That translates to a 32.1 inch tire and will easily fit. It's only 2/10th inch bigger than the stock 20 inch tires. 

The stock is 18", but I get your point for sure.  It sounds like I'll have zero issues.  It's a modest change.....265 65 18 to 275 65 18, but the options blow up quite  a bit....so I'll most likely go this route.  I usually get the Load Range C tires and don't even notice a difference.  These most likely will be E, so we'll see.

Somewhere on this forum, someone said that 275/70/18's would fit a stock height truck and not have rubbing issues.  I put that size on my truck, but I did level the front end to make sure there weren't any issues.  However, I'm pretty sure they would've fit fine though without the level and I'm certain the size you want to install will fit without issue at all.

On 8/17/2018 at 1:01 PM, gmyeah said:

The stock is 18", but I get your point for sure.  It sounds like I'll have zero issues.  It's a modest change.....265 65 18 to 275 65 18, but the options blow up quite  a bit....so I'll most likely go this route.  I usually get the Load Range C tires and don't even notice a difference.  These most likely will be E, so we'll see.

Found this site as they quickly give you a comparison for your tires and a proposed tire.

https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc?tires=265-65r18-275-70r18

That was me! I have 275/70 18 ko2s with no rub on stock.. If I back up at full crank and hit a bump I rub a tiny bit but nothing to worry about.. I've had them on my 15 leveled truck and put them on my 17 non leveled after about 15k miles idk if maybe it wore down enough to not rub or if brand new wouldn't rub either.. If I was getting new tires I wouldn't hesitate to run them on a non leveled truck

I'm also running fuel Mavericks 18x9 +20

Somewhere on this forum, someone said that 275/70/18's would fit a stock height truck and not have rubbing issues.  I put that size on my truck, but I did level the front end to make sure there weren't any issues.  However, I'm pretty sure they would've fit fine though without the level and I'm certain the size you want to install will fit without issue at all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk