Tires

Npd15

Weird question...I'm looking for new tires and found Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs for a great price and I loved them on my cummins when I had it. I used to buy the load range E for heavy towing and they didn't squat as much...my issue is I see they changed it and made load index? These tires have a load index of 113 and I can't find it higher...is this a good index? I really dont want the tires squatting allot with the off-road tread.

Weird question...I'm looking for new tires and found Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs for a great price and I loved them on my cummins when I had it. I used to buy the load range E for heavy towing and they didn't squat as much...my issue is I see they changed it and made load index? These tires have a load index of 113 and I can't find it higher...is this a good index? I really dont want the tires squatting allot with the off-road tread.

They should still have a load rating letter on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go: https://www.tiresplus.com/tires/tire-buying-guide/tire-load-index-chart/

https://www.worktruckonline.com/145637/how-to-determine-tire-load-ratings

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, kylant said:

look at them on tirerack or goodyear website. I am looking at a set right now. 285/65-18 have 2 different models, one load D the other E

Found 2 separate ones on tire rack also...both say load range SL...am I missing something? My size 275/55/20

Edited by Npd15
Missing part

2 hours ago, Npd15 said:

Truck tires with "LT" before the size come in Load Range C, D, E, and F, with the E-F end of the range being capable of a heavier load than the C-D ones.  Truck tires whose sizes just start with a "P" (passenger tire) or a number (example "265") without the LT come in SL (standard load) or XL (extra load).  The LT tires are the ones built more heavy duty--they weigh more, hold more psi, and usually have more plies, especially in the sidewall, hence the reduced squat.  But they also ride rougher and get worse fuel mileage.  Not all tire sizes are available in the LT's.  

Edited by MaverickZ71

54 minutes ago, Npd15 said:

Found 2 separate ones on tire rack also...both say load range SL...am I missing something? My size 275/55/20

Not so many "LT" tires available in the low-profile 20-inch size.  Because most off-roaders and heavy tow/haulers want more of a flotation-type tire.  

Well I'm looking for a good all season tires and I snow as I'm in Ohio. I liked these tires on previous vehicle...is there a better size that will fit stock rim that come in load E or honestly do you experts think that the SL rating will be fine? I know these trucks are front end heavy and just don't want a huge squat...not to mention I do tow loaded gravity wagons and light trailers

The trucks come with P tires (SL rated) from the factory. Unless you tow a lot or offroad, the LT will just be overkill.

The LT is a heavier duty tire. Like mentioned above, they also are heavier, (maybe) ride rougher, and use more gas.

I'm also in the market for tires although, I have been  looking at 275/60R20. The BFG's are LT and the others I've looked at are P.

I'm looking at:

Goodyear Duratracs $230 ea

BFG KO2                   $235 Ea

Falken Wildpeaks      $175 ea

Nitto Ridge Grappler $207 ea

13 minutes ago, danb303 said:

The trucks come with P tires (SL rated) from the factory. Unless you tow a lot or offroad, the LT will just be overkill.

The LT is a heavier duty tire. Like mentioned above, they also are heavier, (maybe) ride rougher, and use more gas.

I'm also in the market for tires although, I have been  looking at 275/60R20. The BFG's are LT and the others I've looked at are P.

I'm looking at:

Goodyear Duratracs $230 ea

BFG KO2                   $235 Ea

Falken Wildpeaks      $175 ea

Nitto Ridge Grappler $207 ea

Thank you, I have no clue what tires will fit my trucks stock wheels and not rub and such...but if 275/60/20 fits I'll try it